+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The jewplin Tornado of May 22, 2011

Default The jewplin Tornado of May 22, 2011

Doing Fine in Granby Missery

http://www.thebeerbarrel.net/showthr...4659#post34659
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...=3757#post3757

The tornado that came through Joplin and destroyed half of Joplin took down power in Granby since 5:00 pm Sunday. Getting life-support systems fixed in an anglo-mestizo craphole like Granby is NOT on the first to-do list of anyone. Cell phone coverage is spotty. Cable is out. And I have to buy another cheap phone in order to use my landline. So right now I'm at the Neosho public library charging my laptop and using their wifi connections. I'll be getting gas for my generator so that the frozen food won't go bad.

Right now I'm, catching up on my household and garden chores and actual book reading. Roxie and Buddy the Poopy Dawg/Baalzepup Pisser-possum-bane are OK. We have plenty of candles.

Hail Victory!!!

Pastor Martin Luther Dzerzhinsky Lindstedt
    Church of Jesus Christ Christian/Aryan Nations of Missouri

Last edited by Librarian; 06-16-2012 at 05:08 AM.

Default The jewplin Tornado of May 22, 2011

The jewplin Tornado of May 22, 2011

http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...=3758#post3758
    Last edited by PastorLindstedt; 05-24-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Default jewplin Tornado on jewtube

Last edited by PastorLindstedt; 05-24-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Default Runners remember lives lost on May 22, 2011

Runners remember lives lost on May 22, 2011
    Participants include family, friends of victims

By Andra Bryan Stefanoni news@joplinglobe.com
    May 10, 2014

http://www.joplinglobe.com/topstorie...on-May-22-2011
    http://christian-identity.net/forum/...0722#post10722
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...0722#post10722

Tayler Weldy (right), of Jasper, revs up as friend Katherine Coulombe, of Joplin, prepares a running app and her music tracks on her phone as they get ready to run in the 5K division of the third annual Joplin Memorial Run in Joplin. A total of 1,749 participants finished in the race divisions staged in remembrance of the 161 who lost their lives in the 2011 tornado.

JOPLIN, Mo. — Portions of the tornado zone that runners saw during the third annual Joplin Memorial Run on Saturday have changed dramatically since the first event in 2012.

But the reason behind the race has not: to honor the lives of 161 individuals who lost their lives on May 22, 2011.

Among them were Rusty Howard, 29, and his children, Harli Jayce, 5, and Hayze Cole, 19 months. They died when the tornado struck Home Depot on Range Line Road.

“I would have given anything to have lost my home and possessions,” his widow, Edie (Howard) Housel told the crowd of more than 2,000 runners who assembled just after dawn at the starting line next to Memorial Hall at Eighth Street and Joplin Avenue. Some wore pink shirts with the slogan “Edie’s Angels” in a show of support.

Housel, who has since remarried and has a young son, asked those present to continue to pray for the families and loved ones of the storm victims.

“It’s still a long and winding road we face ahead,” she said. “May we ever be Joplin strong.”

Master of ceremonies Bob Brown told runners, who competed in either a 5K or half-marathon, that “161 angels await you down this road.”

“We run to remember the lives of Rusty, Harli and Hayze, and the lives of the 161 who lost their lives that day,” noted a race organizer, Audie Dennis, to Housel. “We stand in awe of your courage.”

Volunteers released 161 balloons during a moment of silence as part of pre-race activities, which also included a barbershop rendition of the national anthem by the TriStatesmen and a presentation of the colors by Joplin firefighters.

“I was in one of the stations when the tornado hit,” said Eric Strasser, who, like fellow firefighters Justin Jensen, Colby Tucker and Brad Eichelberger, was on duty on May 22, 2011, and wore pins Saturday to signify “This is an honor.”

The event hit home for Pamela Praytor and her family, who ran in the 5K in memory of her son, Christopher Lucas.

As the manager of the Joplin Pizza Hut at 1901 S. Range Line Road, the 27-year-old Lucas herded customers and staff into a walk-in cooler and tried to hold the door shut against the storm with a cord or a rope, but he perished when the tornado flattened the restaurant.

“I know he’s in heaven, and I know I’ll see him again, but I still miss him so bad,” Praytor said. “I think of him every day.”

Accompanying her on the run were other relatives of Lucas, including his paternal grandmother, Alice Lucas, 66, cousin Brittany Phipps, 26, and aunt Michele Fry, 45, all of Vinita, Oklahoma.

“I know he’s with us,” Alice Lucas said after the run. “He was there the whole way.”

Runner Cheryl Konarski, 52, said she didn’t mind getting up early to make her way from Dade County to downtown Joplin for the 5K.

A 911 dispatcher, Konarski was working in Greenfield, Missouri, when the tornado hit Joplin.

“I listened to it unfold,” she recalled. “This today, this really hits close to home.”

Runner Summer Davidson, 24, of Joplin, said she knew tornado victim Will Norton, who died shortly after graduating from Joplin High School that day. His sister, Sarah, was in Davidson’s class.

“This is an important event,” said Davidson.

But her mother, Terri Davidson, noted that it also was a proud and happy one for many of the racers: Summer’s unofficial finish time in the 5K was 22:53 — a personal best.

First across the finish line for the 5K was Kyle Rosseau, 26, who moved to Joplin last August from Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to join the Missouri Southern State University coaching staff for the cross country team. Rosseau won the 5K with a time of 16:32.

Hillary Kogo, a native of Kenya who now lives in Webb City, and competes in races across the nation, took first place in the half-marathon with a time of 1:18:42.

Numbers

Finishers in the 5K numbered 897, and in the half-marathon, 852. The event was directed by Ruth Sawkins, owner and founder of Rufus Racing, and manned by more than 200 volunteers, Joplin police, fire and emergency personnel.

All the shit unfit to print

http://www.joplinglobe.com

Cousin Randy Turner is offline gliberal whigger butthole fag Veteran Member Cousin Randy Turner has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default Mike Woolston, Wallace-Bajjali and the co-opting of Joplin's tornado recovery

Mike Woolston, Wallace-Bajjali and the co-opting of Joplin's tornado recovery

http://rturner229.blogspot.com/2014/...li-and-co.html
    http://christian-identity.net/forum/...0987#post10987
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...0987#post10987

jewplin Shitty Kouncil-Kritter Mike Woolston

One of the more remarkable journalistic accomplishments of the past year is what the Joplin Globe was able to do with the Loraine Report.

That report, as you recall, led to a 5-4 vote to fire City Manager Mark Rohr. When the report was initially released, there were 10 blank pages, the pages in which the allegations against Rohr were spelled out.

The Joplin Globe Editorial Board made a solid argument that the people, the ones who actually paid for the report, had every right to know its contents. The Globe went as far as to take its case to court and won what was described as a victory for open government and even had one journalist (admittedly a former Joplin Globe reporter) tweeting that the Globe should be considered for the Pulitzer Prize.

The court's decision was handed down just four days before the April election, but in time for the newspaper to print a considerable amount of the information, since the decision not only gave the public access to the report, but also all of the transcripts of Loraine's interviews with witnesses.

That never happened.

The Globe confined its reporting, for the most part, to the allegations against Mark Rohr and devoted even more space to Rohr's responses to those allegations.

That played in with the portrait the Globe was trying to paint of the whole Loraine investigation being a witch hunt spearheaded by the so-called Gang of Five or Bloc of Five who voted to fire Rohr or by City Attorney Brian Head.

To its credit, the Globe put the entire report, complete with depositions and exhibits, online, where as far as I can tell, most of the items have been viewed by slightly more than 500 readers, far less than would have seen it if the items had been featured in the newspaper.

Except to the 500 or so readers who examined the documents, the entire Loraine investigation was about Mark Rohr.

Certainly a great deal of space was devoted to the former city manager, but to this day, the Globe has ignored the most important news that was contained in the report- the way in which Joplin's tornado recovery has been taken out of the hands of elected officials and placed under the control of people who do not answer to the voters.

It also completely ignored, an unusual decision given that he was up for re-election at that point, the damning evidence that was collected against City Councilman and self-styled "Tornado Mayor" Mike Woolston.

For some reason, the idea has been foisted upon the public that Woolston did not do anything wrong because he was not collecting commissions on the property that he was steering to his friend Charlie Kuehn of Four State Homes.

What was ignored and was pointed out by Loraine was the secretive way in which Woolston was working with Rohr and master developer Wallace-Bajjali to convince people to sell their property, even ones who had already rebuilt after the tornado.

The depositions of William and Dana Parker detail some of Woolston's activities. They talked of people "who were concerned because Mike Woolston kept knocking on everyone's door wanting to sell their property, even if they'd already rebuilt, sell it, so we can tear it down.'

They talked of an October 2012 neighborhood meeting in which Woolston became upset by questions that he was asked. Dana Parker told Loraine, "He (Woolston) told us at that time we were stupid for rebuilding, that we had no business rebuilding." They were told the properties were needed for commercial development.

Mrs. Parker said, "We asked why they couldn't put a grocery store out on the area of Sunset Ridge, which was more where the storm started and he told us at that time that those people were too important- we couldn't do that to them."

"Exact words," William Parker said.

The question that should have been asked and has not been is what business was it of Woolston's whether these people wanted to rebuild and stay in the tornado zone? The City Council had made no decisions. The Zoning Board had made no decisions. At some point, Woolston and others had decided what was going to be done with that area.

The report details the steps that were taken by the city government, in the person of Mark Rohr, to convince people it would be in their best interest to sell, including condemning a driveway on a property where rebuilding had not begun as an "unsafe structure" and putting in a sidewalk running path.

Woolston mounted a door-to-door campaign that was outlined in the depositions to convince people to sell, something that was not included in his job description as a city council member. When he was asked who he was working for, he responded, "I am not at liberty to tell you," though later he confided it was Four State Homes, a company that has done quite well with buying up to the properties and selling them to the Joplin Redevelopment Corporation so they can be used as part of Wallace-Bajjali's development plan.

The impression that is given throughout the depositions is that Woolston was using insider knowledge to benefit a friend's business and also to push a redevelopment plan that had not received the approval of any governmental body.

The report was ridiculed by its critics because of Loraine's insistence that Woolston was hurting the City Council and not representing his constituents properly by abstaining from voting on issues that concerned the development.

Loraine was critical of Woolston because at a time when he should have been using his considerable knowledge of real estate to benefit the council and constituents, he was abstaining because he had become so greatly involved in the project.

In the deposition of Tim Parker (no relation to William and Dana Parker), the issue is clearly stated. "Why aren't other realtors coming to our door saying I want to buy this? Why is it that only that one that had the inside knowledge?"

Tim Parker also told of a conversation with an employee of Four State Homes. Parker told him he expected him to be quite busy since Four State Homes had bought all of those plots. At that point, Parker believed that the company would be building houses on the properties.

"He said, 'No, my boss bought these for investment purpose,' which struck me as odd because it is just a residential area just like mine. I realized later in the paper that those properties had sold to the City of Joplin through the Redevelopment Corporation for about three times their appraised value."

There is much, much more information contained in the Loraine Report that the Joplin Globe has decided to leave buried in its online archives.

To this day, Globe readers who have never looked over the documents have every reason to be convinced that the Loraine Report was a hatchet job against Mark Rohr. It wasn't. The firing of Mark Rohr was not the major step that was suggested by Loraine. He found evidence of behavior that was at least bordering on the unethical from Mike Woolston and he strongly suggested the city cut all ties with Wallace-Bajjali.

Mike Woolston was re-elected to the City Council. The Globe is still making excuses for Wallace-Bajjali and the co-opting of Joplin's tornado recovery continues unabated.

Posted by Randy at 8:59 AM Sunday, July 06, 2014

___666___666___666___

The Turner Diaries RULES, The Turner Report drools

ZOGling whigger ass-clown is offline Smarter than D-g, Dumber than Dirt Veteran Member ZOGling whigger ass-clown has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default The-m-asses have spoke & it made my naval wettt.

The-m-asses have spoke & it made my naval wettt.

http://rturner229.blogspot.com/2014/...34454056073242
    http://christian-identity.net/forum/...0991#post10991
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...0991#post10991

OK, I will waate my time rebutting this blog, for what it is worth. My own ZOGtard corral is pretty boring, and the old lady don't moan nearly as much as them Subic Bay / Manila flip bar-girls.

First of all, I was on the fence in terms of Woolston's reelection for a while. I read the released Lorraine report and then the "missing pages" as well. One leg on one side of the fence with the other on the other side and my naval assets getting stimulated by the fence rail, sorta like being with the Village People after six months at sea, again, cum-cum, cum-cum. Bottom line I saw no substantial evidence, evidence needed in a court case to show unethical or illegal behavior in Woolston's conduct. I was sure hoping that the Ass-Clowns of Four could get Mark Rohr and Four State Homes to steal enough to turn jewplin from the Sodom of the Ozarks into Sans Fagscrisco and I could afford it on half pay as a retired retarded former bi-curious naval officer. I'm not like you, Cousin Randy, thinking that jewplin is gay Paree and wanting to leave the sheep farm. No, I love local graft and corruption better than most if it means that pore rednecks and whiggers are driven out in favor of gentrifuckation by discreet old bi-sexshul old faggots. I'm not the raging quean you are, Randy cousin Randy.

Any idiot capable of running a tight sheep, er, ship, providing the lash, rum and sodomy in the naval tradition and like Woolston dealing in real estate could read the CART advice, look at a map showing the zone of destruction and make reasonable assumptions about what might be rebuilt and where. It took NO "insider knowledge" to make such decisions, decisions that could be "risky" from an investment standpoint. Just coonections using public piglice to "put the squeeze" on the recalitrant and balking, sorta like I did with the young male testicles of newbie seamen on my watch while in the Navy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

There was zero evidence shown by Lorraine that Woolston in fact used "insider knowledge" from his job on council or contact with city staff as a council member to gain such information. The lawyer wanted to get paid, didn't he? It was all shown as concern by a few property owners about what Woolston might have been up to in making demands to sell so that he could make some kickbacks. Any proof that would stand up in court if ever allowed there in the first place? None that I saw, and still don't ever care to see.

Then the voters spoke, with negligent and uninformed authority is seems to me. Now Turner blames uninformed voters for making the judgment made, in the voting booths. As if the jewplin Glob will ever print the truth. Right well he blames the Globe for lack of making information available. Well I had all the information I needed as a self-serving ass-clown and voted accordingly to my own best interests and those of the minority council-critters and with no help from the Joplin Progress Committee, either. I ate the crayola voting list, anyways, because I needed the fiber after having my fudge packed buttt good.

If you belive Woolston acted illegally or even unethically well them stupid voters disagreed with you. Now your only option is a court of law or the Missouri Ethical Commission I suppose, ha ha ha.

Oh, I failed to mention that even the Lorraine report showed Woolston seeking and receiving legal advice, informing council of what he was doing and why he was doing it, followed that legal advice and believed, then and now, that he acted within the law and any ethical requirements placed on him. The thieving bastard did too cover his tracks

I like it when voters decide such matters as this senile goofy retard wants them to, which they did in this case. But if you still disagree then put your money where your mouth is and take it to another court. You sure as hell cannot sue voters however. I'se smart and shit.

Anson Burlingame,
    Rear-Admire-al, jewAss Naval Reserve

10:04 AM Monday July 7, 2014

You Nazis may be insane . . . .
    . . . . but us whiggers are typpycull!!!

Default Joplin City Council member criticizes master developer in TV interview

Joplin City Council member criticizes master developer in TV interview

Debbie Woodlin
    Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:23 pm

http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/arti...a4bcf887a.html
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...1106#post11106
    http://christian-identity.net/forum/...1106#post11106

A member of the Joplin City Council told an Amarillo, Texas, newscaster that Joplin’s contracted master developer has “overpromised and underdelivered.”

Councilman Benjamin Rosenberg’s comments were included in a two-part report that aired this week on Amarillo television station KVII-TV.

Joplin’s contracted master development firm, Wallace Bajjali Development Partners of Sugar Land, Texas, is overseeing development of a $112 million convention center hotel, minor league stadium and parking garage in Amarillo.

KVII reporter David Grasso-Ortega reported on questions raised by another Amarillo hotel owner who thought Amarillo officials had turned a deaf ear to his request for assistance to renovate his hotel while directing taxpayer money to the convention center hotel. Also reported were public concerns about perceived delays in the Amarillo development, though city officials there said Wallace Bajjali was performing within the agreed upon timeline.

In the second part of the series, the reporter focused on questions about whether there have been delays in constructing the Amarillo projects. The segment included comments by Mayor Mike Seibert and Rosenberg about their views of Wallace Bajjali’s performance in Joplin.

Rosenberg said in a Skype video aired in the report: “I would say they have overpromised and underdelivered. He’s always looking for a co-developer, and Wallace Bajjali never seems to develop anything on their own. They always have a co-developer.”

Rosenberg did not return two messages left Thursday asking him to elaborate on the concerns he spoke of in his comments.

David Wallace, the CEO of Wallace Bajjali, told the Globe in response that his firm always recruits reputable co-development partners that are specialists in the different facets of a project. Wallace said his firm’s practice is standard in the development industry and has always been part of the plan, since responding to the city’s earliest request for proposals for a master developer.

“I would remind him to go back to our initial RFP (request for proposal), which specifically indicated our mission would be to find the best of co-development partners” for the Joplin projects, Wallace said.

Asked if partnerships helped spread the financial investment, Wallace said, “It’s not just spreading the financial burden, but of equal importance it spreads the personnel, the infrastructure, all of those type of resources.”

As an example, he recruited two partners experienced in senior housing for the senior transitional living project at 27th Street and McClelland Boulevard, Wallace said. O’Reilly Development of Springfield is a specialist in designing and building those projects, and another partner, Arrow Management, is a specialist in operating them.

He said that having firms that are familiar with the details of those types of projects as well as firms that are local is important in producing a quality project. “That is why we always bring in a co-development partner,” Wallace said. “That strategy is exactly the strategy we discussed when we first got involved, and that is the right strategy.”

The city’s pre-development contract with Wallace Bajjali gives the City Council the right to reject a project or an investment partner in the projects, as well as giving the firm the right to hire the professionals needed for the work.

Seibert, Joplin’s mayor, was quoted in the Amarillo report as saying: “The vast majority of people don’t understand that the bulk of the effort and time is put into a project prior to the project coming out of the ground. People unfortunately judge the speed of a project based on when it breaks ground, and that means development gets cast in a negative light.”

The Globe on Thursday tried to poll all of the council members for a reaction to Rosenberg’s comments.

Seibert told the Globe that Joplin city officials have tried to communicate more with the public about the steps that are going into the projects and where they stand in order to combat that negative perception.

Councilman Gary Shaw said: “I’m like everybody else. I’m anxious to see the projects begun and completed. Somebody was telling me 70 percent of the work is done before you break ground,” and he believes the master developer is near that stage in the work.

Shaw said there have been changes in plans for some of the projects. “But part of those we instigated,” he said, pointing to the city effort to bring a professional baseball team to historic Joe Becker Stadium although Wallace Bajjali had proposed building a stadium and bringing a professional team to Joplin.

Councilman Ryan Stanley said that for him, the test will be whether Wallace Bajjali follows through on the plan to buy the property being held by the Joplin Redevelopment Corp. for the Joplin projects.

I’m not basing my realities on a news story about Amarillo,” he said.

Councilwoman Miranda Lewis said she believes the master development firm is focusing on priority projects now, such as the senior living project and a movie theater and retail complex at 20th Street and Connecticut Avenue. She said she believes those priorities are a better strategy than trying to work on the initial list of 19 different projects that were being pursued at one time.

“If those two projects are completed, then it’s a win for the city, in my opinion,” she said.

Councilman Mike Woolston, a real estate agent, said the effort has involved a number of steps that have included coming up with a plan to address the redevelopment goals set by the Citizens Advisory Recovery Team, seeking state legislation to allow a variety of funding mechanisms for the projects, securing financing and designing the plans.

“I don’t care if they have partners,” he said. “What difference does it make? Any good developer is going to seek a partner because it minimizes the risks.”

Council members Bill Scearce and Melodee Colbert-Kean also did not return telephone messages seeking comment. Councilman Morris Glaze was unavailable for comment.

Tornado recovery

WALLACE BAJJALI DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS was hired by the city of Joplin two years ago to guide efforts to restore housing and business development in the wake of the 2011 tornado.

All the shit unfit to print

http://www.joplinglobe.com

Phred Phelps is offline Politically InCorrect Christian Soldier Probationary Member Phred Phelps is on a distinguished road

God haets fags -- and jewplin has a lot of fags.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast