• Show
Clear All

• Interview on White Nationalism & the Alt Right

Interview on White Nationalism & the Alt Right

http://www.counter-currents.com/2016...ht/#more-66784
    http://christian-identity.net/forum/...5398#post15398
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...5398#post15398

Author’s Note:

This interview was conducted by an academic researcher who is writing a book on the Alternative Right.

Just for a little bit of background, it is clear that you’ve been involved in the White Nationalist movement for a long time. Can you briefly explain your role in this movement, going back to when you first became directly involved?

I was red-pilled near the beginning of 2000. The first White Nationalist movement gathering (broadly defined) that I attended was on Labor Day in 2000, when I saw David Irving speak in Atlanta. From the start, my role in White Nationalism was dictated by my conviction that before we can create political change, we need to establish certain metapolitical preconditions. We need to answer questions about identity, morality, and the politically possible. We need to create organizations to cultivate and propagate ideas. We need to create a thriving White Nationalist community. We need to transform people’s worldviews by influencing the education system and the culture at large. We need to deconstruct the hegemony of multicultural, egalitarian, and anti-white ideas and create a pro-white counter-hegemony in its place. And when our values and worldview have sufficiently permeated the culture, it will be possible for White Nationalists to gain actual political power and put our ideas into effect.

In 2000, I started thinking of publishing a metapolitical journal, an idea that eventually gave rise to Counter-Currents in 2010. After getting my Ph.D. in 2001, I embarked on a brief academic career that came to an end in 2005. During that time, I launched my first publishing project, which brought out The Lost Philosopher: The Best of Anthony M. Ludovici (Berkeley, Cal.: ETSF Inc., 2003). I edited Alain de Benoist’s On Being a Pagan (Atlanta: Ultra, 2004). I amassed a great deal of information on the life of Savitri Devi, which eventually became The Savitri Devi Archive (www.savitridevi.com), curated under the pen name R. G. Fowler. Under the same pen name, I published several volumes of Savitri Devi’s writings: And Time Rolls On: The Savitri Devi Interviews (Atlanta: Black Sun Publications, 2006); Gold in the Furnace: Experiences in Post-War Germany (Atlanta: The Savitri Devi Archive, 2007); and Defiance: The Prison Memoirs of Savitri Devi (Atlanta: The Savitri Devi Archive, 2007).

In the fall of 2007, I took over the editorship of The Occidental Quarterly, a position I held for 2-and-a-half years and nine issues of the journal. I also edited and published Kevin MacDonald’s Cultural Insurrections: Essays on Western Civilization, Jewish Influence, and Anti-Semitism (Atlanta: The Occidental Press, 2007). In 2009, I started their now moribund webzine TOQ Online. In June of 2010, I launched Counter-Currents Publishing with my then business partner Michael Polignano. I have been the sole owner since 2014. As of this writing (October 13, 2016), Counter-Currents has published more than 30 books, more than 5,000 online articles, reviews, etc., and more than 200 podcasts. I’ve lost track of the number of interviews I have given. Starting in 2007, I have also organized more than 10 White Nationalist weekend conferences and dozens of smaller events.

How does the White Nationalist movement differ today compared to when you first began this work?

The movement is much larger than when I started, and on average it is much younger, hipper, smarter, funnier, and more effective. It is much more savvy in its use of the Internet, video, audio, and print media. It is much more optimistic about our ability to create positive change. It is also slightly better funded and slightly better organized. Once our funding and organization catch up with our growing numbers and talent, our reach and influence will explode.

You recently penned an article titled “The Alt-Right Means White Nationalism . . . or Nothing at All.” This is interesting because on this point you are in agreement with most of the scholars and journalists that have looked into this movement. But there are plenty of people that disagree with that assessment. For example, I spoke to a large number of young people that attended a recent Milo event, encountering multiple people that described themselves as Alt-Right, but that also insisted that the Alt-Right is not about race. What is your take on people who claim to embrace the Alt-Right but also downplay or even deny its racial element?

The term “Alt Right” is a vague umbrella term that encompasses all people who reject mainstream conservatism. Now of course that includes many people who are not racially aware. So the Alt Right is White Nationalist not in the sense that all Alt Rightists are White Nationalists. Instead, the Alt Right is White Nationalist in the sense that the original Alternative Right webzine was founded as a vehicle by which White Nationalists could interact with dissident Rightists who were closer to the mainstream in order to convert them to our way of thinking. So the Alt Right consists of a hard inner core of White Nationalists and a flabby periphery of other edgy dissident Rightists who are happy to have a generic term, “Alt Right,” that does not commit them to anything outside their comfort zone. The dynamic of the Alt Right has been to “red pill” and convert the best of these lurkers to a White Nationalist outlook. Those who are unconverted will either remain in our circle because they are comfortable being around White Nationalists and thus serve a bridges and lines of influence to the mainstream, or if they are uncomfortable with the presence of White Nationalists, they will leave. But we aren’t leaving. We built this house, and we will burn it to the ground before we allow ourselves to be evicted from it.

What do you see as the relationship between the Alt-Right, and White Nationalism more specifically, and the Trump campaign?

The movement has a long and frankly embarrassing history of deluding itself that mainstream politicians (for example, Patrick Buchanan, Ron Paul, Vladimir Putin) will somehow save us while leaving the present political system and its reigning taboo against white racial consciousness intact. White Nationalists routinely donate more time, money, and social capital to system politicians who disagree with us and denounce us than they do to building up our movement.

Given that history, it is easy to see Trump as just another man on the white horse, worshipped by legions of deluded fanboys. And in some cases that is true. But overall, it is not that bad. Because in the case of the Trump campaign, two things are different. First, Trump is actually advocating policies that are good for white Americans, specifically the border wall, deporting illegals, and the Muslim ban. Second, today’s movement is much more mature. Much of the extreme adulation of Trump is, frankly, ironic rather than sincerely delusional. It is meant to trigger Leftists and is a way to build in-group solidarity. But most of the movement is quite realistic about Trump’s limits and differences with us. There is a widespread consensus that this time, we are not going to be fooled. We are using Trump. Trump is not using us.

The Trump candidacy is tapping into a change in consciousness that is being produced by white demographic displacement, and the Alt Right deserves a great deal of credit for making people aware of this fact and helping to articulate both the problems we are facing and a way forward. Whether Trump wins or loses, those forces will still be at work. White Nationalism existed before Donald Trump, and it will continue to exist and grow no matter who is in the White House.

To what extent is the Alt Right a coordinated movement? Is it mostly an army of atomized individuals scattered across the internet, doing their own thing, or is there a degree of organization that might not be apparent to people observing the Alt Right from the outside?

One of the strengths of the Alt Right is that it is largely a resilient network of atomized individuals doing their own things on the web, with a net positive synergistic effect. But increasingly we are having real world meetups, and not just at expensive national and international conferences, which have limited utility for networking, but in the actual communities where people live in every corner of every white country.

But the quickest way to get Alt Rightists to fall out among one another continues to be trying to create an organization. Some of these groups fall apart because they can’t even agree on a name. But there is still progress in this area, even though it is two steps forward, one step back, and often up a very steep learning curve. But the movement is growing, maturing, and becoming more functional. Much of the progress has come from the increased percentage of neurotypical individuals as opposed to autistes, eccentrics, and cranks. This is what Seventh Son of TRS calls the rise of “Chad nationalism.”

Although there never will be a central command on the Alt Right, we definitely need to work on creating forums and channels through which activists and content providers can meet and coordinate their activities. Unfortunately, the first instinct of every person who thinks of creating such a group is drawing up a blacklist of people who cannot participate. But that renders the whole exercise futile, since perhaps the main benefit of such an organization would be to build trust and reduce conflict between enemies and rivals. With long-simmering conflicts, it is usually impossible for the two parties to make peace without outside mediation by authoritative figures.

We know that the governments of every white country dedicate considerable resources, talent, and manpower to sowing discord within the broader nationalist scene. It is a hallmark of our movement’s immaturity and pettiness that we still have not organized any vehicle for fighting this. And until we do, our movement will probably be more resistant to disruption by remaining in its present decentralized and anarchic state.

Has the Alt Right reached a ceiling on what it can accomplish as a predominantly online movement, or will its influence and reach continue to grow?

We are just getting started. The Internet is for all practical purposes endless. Thus there will always be room for growth. If I get my way, our online influence will grow to the point that our ideas completely saturate the entire web and Leftists are as marginalized as pedophiles trading jpegs in secret forums. That is what cultural hegemony means, and that is our aim. But of course we cannot change the world merely by occupying cyberspace. We have to occupy meat space as well. And there is tremendous room for growth in community organizing and eventually political organizing as well. After all, the whole point of metapolitics is creating political change.

The Alt Right and White Nationalism received a tremendous amount of media coverage because of the Trump campaign, bringing these movements to the attention of people who otherwise probably would not have known that they even existed. Eventually the 2016 election will be over, as will the post-election commentary. Is there a general strategy within the Alt Right to maintain its current momentum?

There’s no general strategy because there’s no general anything beyond a core intellectual consensus about the problems we face. My strategy is to keep doing what I have been doing for 16 years now, with increasing success and momentum. Trump did not make me. He did not make Counter-Currents. He did not make White Nationalism or the Alt Right. What created our movement are the objective problems with multiculturalism, and our efforts to raise and channel our people’s consciousness of them. Until we defeat and depose the establishment and end multiculturalism, White Nationalists will have a growing constituency, because the problems with multiculturalism are only getting worse. No matter who wins the election, those problems will remain.

The election will have short-term and long-term effects on the movement. In the short term, if Trump wins, I will have to battle complacency in our ranks. If Hillary wins, I will have to battle despair.

In the long term, if Trump wins, he will give us some demographic breathing room. He will build the wall, deport 30+ million illegals, ban Muslim immigration, and crack down on black crime. Such policies will slow down but not stop white demographic displacement. So in a Trump administration, we will have to exert constant pressure first to get Trump to keep his promises and then to move the goalposts further toward White Nationalism.

In the long term, if Hillary wins, she will accelerate white demographic displacement by erasing borders, amnestying invaders, pandering to black rioters and Muslim terrorists, and doubling down on attacks on whites and white advocates. If she wins, it will be impossible to save the United States in one piece and within the current system. Which means that all the energy of White Nationalism will be channeled toward creating a post-American political order.

I remember the first time Hillary was in the White House. I remember the intense loathing on the Right for her and her husband. I remember energy and enthusiasm and large influxes of cash that the mainstream conservative movement then channeled into absolutely nothing. That is an environment in which our movement will flourish. I want to ride that wave. Now we have a movement that can channel that energy and idealism and money into creating a revolution.

Plan A is reform. Plan B is revolution. Trump is not the last chance for white people in North America. He is the last chance for plan A. He is the last chance to save America. He is the last chance of the system to cede power and change course to avoid the multicultural bloodbath that their policies will inevitably produce. Trump is their last chance, not ours.

Counter-Currents Publishing
    Books Against Time

On Concessions and Fanboys

On Concessions and Fanboys

https://eginotes.wordpress.com/2016/...s-and-fanboys/
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...5411#post15411
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...5411#post15411

Two points about Trump.

There is much talk recently about how Trump may not concede the election if (when?) he loses because it is rigged. Of course, some of the cucks and dumb women (redundancy) in his own camp say that yes, of course, he will concede. My take: Donald, please do NOT concede, NEVER concede. You’ll go down as the Ultra-Cuck if you give in and concede.

Tactically, conceding is a bad idea because the election has been rigged. Possibilities of voter fraud aside (and that is becoming an increasingly real concern with revealed plans of busing voters from state to state), the fact of media collusion with the Clinton campaign, the GOP Establishment’s role in undermining their own party’s candidate, rigged polls, and the revealed fact of infiltrators being paid to incite violence at Trump rallies – that’s enough to justify not conceding.

Strategically, when the anti-Trumps says that “not conceding and talk of a rigged election is dangerous because it undermines faith in our democracy,” my reply is: of course and that is the whole point. Whites should not have any faith in a “democracy” and a System clearly dedicated to their genocide, they should not have faith in elections characterized by the real rigging described above, and, from a WN standpoint, if we want chaos and balkanization, if we want to undermine the multicultural consensus, then, yes, we want to undermine faith in the System, we want “dangerous” division, anger, hatred, rage, despair, and disillusionment. By not conceding – ever – Trump does a great service to the real America. From that perspective, I say it would be dangerous to concede; it would not be “dangerous” to not concede. If Trump does concede, I would lose what little respect I have left for the man.

Of relevance:

The movement has a long and frankly embarrassing history of deluding itself that mainstream politicians (for example, Patrick Buchanan, Ron Paul, Vladimir Putin) will somehow save us while leaving the present political system and its reigning taboo against white racial consciousness intact. White Nationalists routinely donate more time, money, and social capital to system politicians who disagree with us and denounce us than they do to building up our movement.

Well then, finally someone other than myself says this. Thank you, Greg Johnson.

Given that history, it is easy to see Trump as just another man on the white horse, worshipped by legions of deluded fanboys. And in some cases that is true. But overall, it is not that bad. Because in the case of the Trump campaign, two things are different. First, Trump is actually advocating policies that are good for white Americans, specifically the border wall, deporting illegals, and the Muslim ban. Second, today’s movement is much more mature. Much of the extreme adulation of Trump is, frankly, ironic rather than sincerely delusional. It is meant to trigger Leftists and is a way to build in-group solidarity. But most of the movement is quite realistic about Trump’s limits and differences with us. There is a widespread consensus that this time, we are not going to be fooled. We are using Trump. Trump is not using us.

Yes and no. It depends who Greg Johnson is talking about. If he refers to himself and Counter-Currents, he is correct. But – Chateau Heartiste, the home of fapping fanboy Trumpite onanism? Amren and TOO and their breathless apocalyptic talk about Trump being “the last chance for White America?” The VDARE boys? Other segments of the Alt Right? Those are the cases of which Greg says “that is true.” I see it as a larger problem than he does. I see that the sensible segment of Der Movement is a minority, not the majority. I mean, there are folks out there seriously insisting that it is absolutely certain that Trump will win in a landslide – a Trumpslide! – and that anyone who says different is a “DNC Jew troll.” What to do with idiots like that?

What I ask the sensible folks – and these are real questions and not rhetorical ones – if Trump loses will you finally hold the fanboys accountable for their (yet again) appalling lack of judgement, and the damage they have done (yet again) to the “movement” by their “man on white horse” stupidity? Or will you allow them to once again slither away from accountability and make believe it all never happened? Actually, they should be held accountable even if Trump wins, because the lack of judgement is objectively similar in that case as well, but I know that’s asking too much. But if Trump loses (in a Hillslide?), can you – will you – finally tell the fanboys to go away?

==========

Itz Fun Being A Witless Meercat!!!

Comment

Battling Despair

Battling Despair

https://eginotes.wordpress.com/2016/...tling-despair/
      http://christian-identity.net/forum/...5414#post15414
      http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...5414#post15414

WN despair.

Greg Johnson states that in the event of a Trump loss he would need to battle despair, the despair of WN activists disappointed by the electoral outcome. This is in my opinion linked to my assertions in the comments thread of that essay, concerning the need to jettison those individuals and groups who would need to be held accountable after a Trump loss, accountable for their fanboy stupidities and for their appalling lack of judgement in this election.

My argument consists of two major points:

1. The irresponsible behavior of the fanboys is to a large extent responsible for the despair that is expected after a Trump loss. After all, after many months of being told that (a) Trump is “the last chance of White America,” and (b) it is “100% definite that Trump will win is a ‘Trumpslide’ – in ‘the Trumpening,” Trump’s collapse and defeat (if it occurs, as seems likely) will naturally cause despondency and despair in those folks who have internalized these “movement” messages. From the negative perspective, the first step in dispelling despair is to deal with those whose tragicomic stupidity has been responsible for creating the despair in the first place. I would also add that one reason activists were so eager to jump on the Trump bandwagon, and listen to the fanboys, was that it was Trump – and only Trump – whose campaign jump-started a moribund “movement.” How desperate WN activists must have been to consider Donald Trump (of all people!) as some sort of savior. The same types who created the situation leading to the upcoming despair are also the same ones responsible for the decades of failure that caused activists to become so obsessed over Trump to begin with. Thus, the fanboys need to go…go away.

2. From a positive perspective, to battle despair one needs to create hope. Hope is the antidote for despair (and also, paradoxically, hope is one cause of despair, since false hope, once revealed as false, causes a moral collapse). How to create (real) hope? One needs to demonstrate positive change. The same “movement” morons responsible for creating the despair over Trump in the first place, and whose legacy is decades of unremitting failure, cannot be the foundation upon which one builds hope and thus battles despair. Indeed, the false hope built upon such a shoddy foundation will inevitably collapse, producing even more despair. However, by demonstrating that the “movement” can emerge from the Trump fiasco stronger than before, learning its lessons, can create genuine hope for the future, the promise of better things to come, of brighter days ahead. But “business as usual” is a non-starter: that will create despair not hope, cynicism not idealism, boredom not excitement. If the same losers and failures are allowed to remain, as if nothing happened, then all else is just empty talk. Allowing the mental weaklings of the “man on white horse” savior school to continue to make the same errors again and again with impunity will generate the hopeless resignation that breeds despair. Going back on the same “movement” treadmill is not the way to get the despairing to snap out of the doldrums. Only real change can do that. And real change means standing up to the failures and the fanboys and finally holding them accountable for the mess they’ve made of Der Movement. Strong leadership, leadership with character, leadership that finally says a resounding NO! to the defective characters who require a “Big Daddy” to provide comfort – that will excite and inspire, and bring the hope that clears away despair just as the brisk wind sweeps away the dark cloud after a storm.

And if Trump wins and complacency is the problem? Well, in that case, the same fanboys, worshipping their “God Emperor,” will still be the problem and will still need to be opposed. Win or lose, a day of reckoning is required, and if it does not happen, don’t expect any real positive progress, of any kind.

I’ll be honest though, win or lose for Trump, I doubt that any of the suggestions contained in this essay will be followed. Quite the opposite. Be prepared: failure ahead. Always failure ahead.

Note: In previous posts, I have discussed about how “despair” is positive for smashing the System. There I refer specifically to the White masses, not WN activists.

Comment

The Alt-Right Will Change

The Alt-Right Will Change

http://www.counter-currents.com/2016...omment-1371763
        http://christian-identity.net/forum/...5440#post15440
        http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...5440#post15440

I came into what I call the [Bowel] Movement just after Waco and as a Christian Identity militia leader who got into Missouri politics since 1994. I was always anti-CONstipation and pro-Revolution from day one.

The “Alt-Right” has become a catch-all term since last year and with the Rise of Trump the remnants of White America is the demographic which votes for Trump. The jewdeo-saxon Establishment has had their Republicuck Establishment wing torn off and made irrelevant as anything other than vengeful Hillary supporters. So to outsiders all of us in the Movement are judged to be “Alt-Right” even if some of us, like the non-ZOG Christian Identity, Klansmen, neo-nazi skinheads, etc., are actually “Old Right.”

Some of us are nonplussed by urban, college educated, intellectuals like yourself, Richard Spencer, etc., who have non-violent educational efforts to the “normies” looking for leadership to lead the Movement. Rather, most of us from the Old Right are looking for the “one-in-twenty” “five-percenters” who will function as warlords upon an inevitable collapse by ZOG/Babylon the Third and Final. I read Counter-Currents, Radix, The Right Stuff, even Daily $permer and every so often Amurrikwan Renaissance, and listen to Harold Covington’s Radio Free Northwest. I’ve never been afraid of the end of the White race, but rather believe in Armegeddon and the dissolution of the Mighty Evil Empire and the depopulation of a third of a billion ZOGling whigger & mamzer ass-clowns into 10-20 million ex-whiggers ruled by Ten Thousand Warlords.

I think that over 90% of the bowel Movement is ZOGbots. Most of the rest is ZOGtard. What is real is something which has to struggle to survive and has a reason to live — like Counter-Currents.

So there is a problem in establishing any hierarchy or central command structure in the White Nationalist Movement. The Alt-Right is predominately an intellectual and Internet-based quasi-political effort, likewise without form or structure. Knowing the moral and mental qualities of the present “leadership” of the [bowel] Movement, it is inevitable that decentralization is not only a virtue, but a necessity. It is possible for some of us to network and work individually to a strategic goal, but I would argue that the goal is simply to let the flow of History flow downhill and let ZOG collapse and break up into Ten Thousand Warlordcies each separate and sovereign.

I’d say that for every survivalist group back in the early 90s which was thinking of becoming a militia group there are four to five “survivalists” or “preppers” or even “doomers” who have no intention of opening their ranks to becoming a militia twenty-some years after.

1995 — What do you call a “militia”? A survivalist group that still thinks there is a political solution.
        2015 — What do you call a “militia”? A group of dumb-asses who want to be infiltrated and go to prison.

The Alt-Right is presently asking ZOG for a peaceful ethno-state for whiggers now. Soon, very soon, it will advocate self-help by militants for survival and the end will be the breakup of ZOG/Babylon and the ethnic cleansing of those, like blacks and beaners, who can’t live except on the kindness of the Mighty Evil Empire which is toppling through the refusal of whiggers to support a System in which there is no carrying capacity for over 30 million tops.

Hail Victory!!!

Pastor Martin Luther Dzerzhinsky Lindstedt
        Church of Jesus Christ Christian/Aryan Nations of Missouri’
        (Disqualified LibberToon) Write-In Candidate for Governor of Missouri

Pastor Lindstedt's Web Page
        Pastor Lindstedt's Archive Page & Christian Nationalist Forum

Comment

Working...
        X