• The Vicious Cowardly Evil Monsters of the Newton County Missouri jewdiciary

County judge candidates speak their piece

By Lee Ann Murphy / lmurphy@nesohodailynews.com
    Posted Oct 18, 2018 at 9:00 AM
    Updated Oct 18, 2018 at 9:32 AM

http://www.neoshodailynews.com/artic...NEWS/181019111
    http://christian-identity.net/forum/...8772#post18772
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...8772#post18772

As Election Day in southwest Missouri approaches, the Neosho Daily News sat down with candidates from a few of the contested races. The majority of races for county office have a single candidate but the position of judge for the Newton County Associate Circuit Court Division II has two contenders, incumbent and Republican Kevin Selby and local attorney and municipal judge, Andy Wood who is running as an Independent.

NDN: Why did you decide to run or run again for the judge position?

SELBY:

I have served as the Associate Circuit Judge since 2003. Previously I served as an assistant prosecuting attorney. I believe the court is an honorable institution and it can only remain that way with experienced, impartial and honorable judges. The court should be a place where justice is served according to the law. I have worked tirelessly to uphold the law and protect the citizens of Newton County. There is still much to be done and my commitment to the people here and to our judicial system remains strong.

WOOD:

I was born and raised in Neosho. My wife grew up in the Seneca area. My 3 daughters were raised in Neosho. For over 31 years, I have practiced law in Neosho in all areas of the law, including estate planning, probate, civil, domestic relations, workers’ compensation and social security. I’ve tried many cases to a jury. I am one of the judges for the Neosho Municipal Court. I’ve been City Attorney for the City of Seneca for over 25 years. I was formerly a Judge for the Missouri Division of Workers’ Compensation. I represent several of the local economic development organizations. After practicing law for over 31 years in Newton County, I am ready to serve as a full-time, working Newton County Circuit Judge. If I am allowed the privilege to serve as a circuit judge, I promise to be a working, full-time judge who will listen and be respectful and courteous to all who enter my courtroom.

“T

NDN: Share your reason for choosing the party affiliation (Selby) or for running independent (Wood)?

WOOD:

I believe all judicial candidates should be running independent of any party affiliation or special interest group. I think it is very important that judges avoid any appearance of impropriety or bias to any special interest group. The most important characteristic of a judge should not be that person’s party affiliation or political beliefs. The most important characteristics of a judge should be his or her competency, experience and proper demeanor.

SELBY:

I am a lifelong Republican.

NDN: What qualifications, experience, and talents will be you bring as judge if elected?

SELBY:

Each day for 16 years I have made the tough decisions required of a judge. Before that I made life and death decisions as an assistant prosecuting attorney. While the legal requirements to run for this office can be met by many, I believe in order to be a good, reputable judge, one must have solid convictions and stand for what is right. People expect and deserve consistent behavior and consistent reasoning when entering a courtroom. I’ve never changed my perspective on who I serve, or why I’m serving: to protect the vulnerable, ensure justice prevails, and to uphold the law.

WOOD:

I have practiced law in Newton County for over 31 years. I have always had a full-time law practice.

In addition, I have served on numerous boards, including the honor of serving on the Crowder College Board of Trustees for almost 26 years. I have prosecuted criminal cases as a City Attorney. I have been one of the judges in the City of Neosho Municipal Court for the last several years.

I will work full-time as your next circuit judge. I have the proper demeanor to be a good judge and a good umpire. I would encourage the voters to speak with the other attorneys in this area who have appeared in my court, along with the court personnel whom I have served with.

NDN: What you see as your top strength?

WOOD:

Hard work. Experience. Demeanor.

Over the past 31 years, I have practiced law in several courts and in front of numerous judges. I have been able to observe what makes a “good judge” and what makes a, shall we say, “less than good judge”. Experience and being competent in all areas of the law are absolutely imperative. For the first 20+ years of my legal career, I had an extensive practice in domestic relations and juvenile law. I know how gut wrenching and emotional these cases can be. It is absolutely paramount that a judge emphasizes the “best interests of the child” in any type of child custody situation. As a judge, the best interest of the child will always be paramount.

Also, the demeanor of a judge makes all the difference in the world to the litigants, and the attorneys practicing in front of the judge. As I have set forth in my campaign, I pledge that I will listen and be respectful and courteous to all who enter my courtroom.

Further, as a judge, I will be a working, full-time judge. Being a Circuit Judge should be a fulltime job. It should not be a part-time job. We pay our judges with tax payer money. The litigants should be entitled to have their cases heard, and decisions made in a timely manner. I know how to work hard. I regularly put in over sixty (60) hours a week representing my clients. It is not unusual for my clients to get calls from me on the weekends when I am working on their cases.

SELBY:

My greatest strength is my passion for justice. I love the opportunity to serve as your judge. Each day begins with the same approach to filter through the rubble of each case to see what can be salvaged. Many days it’s a child who needs protection only the court can provide. Other days it’s punishing the convicted while recognizing the difference between a “real criminal” and someone who made a huge mistake. Any judge can be tough, but the best judges recognizes when a person deserves a second chance. Only someone with real experience behind the gavel can put the right information together to make that call. I have that experience.

NDN: What is your weakness?

SELBY:

My commitment to our judicial system makes it difficult for me to allow misrepresentation, false information or being unprepared to represent a client to go unnoticed. Ask an attorney who found themselves in any of these situations and I guarantee you, they heard about it. And possibly, at times, with more intensity than expected.

WOOD:

As a municipal judge and a municipal prosecutor, I see the same criminals going through my court week after week. In the municipal court, you are faced with the dilemma of either only being able to fine these repeat offenders or the City has to pay for their incarceration. Our municipal governments are so strapped for money, in many cases, the cities cannot afford to incarcerate these repeat offenders.

As a Circuit Judge, I will not be under the constraint of how much it costs to incarcerate repeat offenders. The State of Missouri will “house” these repeat offenders if I am judge. I hope I will be able to show empathy for these criminal defendants, but on the other hand, they cannot keep committing the same crimes, over and over, without facing the consequences.

NDN: Share, in 100 words or less, a message to prospective voters and explain why they should cast their vote for you in November.

WOOD:

My family immigrated to Newton County nearly 150 years ago. Going back to my great-grandfather, who was a Republican Newton County Judge (now known as “commissioners”), my family always felt an obligation to serve and give back to the County. While I have a very prosperous law practice, and I enjoy practicing law, I now want to give back to Newton County by becoming a Newton County Circuit Judge. I believe I have the experience and the demeanor to be a judge that the citizens of Newton County can be proud. I pledge to be a working, full-time judge who will listen and be respectful and courteous to all who enter my courtroom. Thank you.

SELBY:

I give my best each day. I know I’m not perfect, but I have never changed who I am or what I stand for to gain a vote. In my courtroom, you know I’m going to give you my full attention. I’ll make a solid well-reasoned decision in your case. I decide cases based upon the facts and the law, not who your attorney is. Experience matters. My decisions are routinely upheld when appealed. Every judge has life experiences that shape them. Mine are deeply grounded in service, faith and integrity. I believe those values have served this community well.

===666===666===666===

The Neosho Daily Douche

All the ZOGling-Approved Shit That Sorta Fits We Print
    http://www.neoshodailynews.com/

I'm Judge Kevin Lee Selby, Satanic Mongrel Abomination & I destroy White Families & Violate the First Amendment & Serve Satan & The Republican Party

I'm Judge Kevin Lee Selby, Satanic Mongrel Abomination & I destroy White Families & Violate the First Amendment & Serve Satan & The Republican Party

And am facing competition from Competent Attorney Andrew Wood for Family Kort & Probate Judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VukN0Tk0ydc
    http://christian-identity.net/forum/...8827#post18827
    http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...8827#post18827

This is a re-election ad for Judge Kevin Lee Selby made by ex-Sheriff Ken Copeland who is Judge Selby's Treasurer.

Judge Selby is the most evil judge imaginable and is facing opposition from Andrew Wood running against Selby in the 6 Nov. 2018 general election in Newton County Missouri

Judge Kevin Lee Selby bought & sold my grandchildren, destroyed my family, sent me to the NutHouse where I was tortured and doped up at his ORDER, and Selby allowed my brother to kill my mother and embezzle $2.3 million from her estate. Selby and Judge Timothy Perigo violated the Probate Code to refuse to remove Selby from the Probate case.

This year Judge Kevin Lee Selby acting without jurisdiction granted a Domestic Protection Order to corrupt Granby City Clerk Lawna Price & Collector Carra Jo Coffer so that they could violate the Missouri Sunshine Act. This corrupt judge thus by granting this corrupt ORDER acting without jurisdiction thus allowed two false arrests & imprisonments by the Granby Police in March and July 30, 2018.
    This corrupt judge was sued for declarative & injunctive relief by Pastor Lindstedt and Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley and Judge Charles Curless declared that Judges Selby and Stremel were above the law and could not be sued.

The Missouri Court of Appeals & Missouri Supreme Court routinely allow these crooked & evil judges to run wild regardless of the so-called "law".

Sheriff Ken Copeland worked with Selby to send me to the NutHouse. While going to the NutHouse Deputy Sheriff Don Hunt deliberately shoved me while shackled into the concrete and broke five of my teeth and then covered it up.

Those who destroy a White Family under color of "Law" shall have their entire family destroyed. Police who make a false arrest and perjure themselves so that Citizens lose their lives, liberty or property shall be enslaved and imprisoned and killed along with their families. Anyone aiding these regime criminals shall share in their punishment. The sins of the fathers are visited unto the sons, even unto the Seventh Generation.

The Newton County Republican Party which brought these vicious evil criminals to the power they abused are to be treated as traitors and punished thusly with corruption of blood and forfeiture of estate and enslaved until they make good on their treason by service as helot slaves.

Mark these two "law enforcement" Ken Copeland and Kevin Lee Selby as non-parilel monsters. Those who support evil must be destroyed for the good of White Society.

Pastor Martin Lindstedt, Church of Jesus Christ Christian / Aryan Nations of Missouri, Write In Candidate for US Senate, Ten-Thousand Warlords PAC & We approve of this message.

Hail Victory !!!

Pastor Martin Luther Dzerzhinsky (Mad Dog the Conqueror) Lindstedt,
    Church of Jesus Christ Christian / Aryan Nations of Missouri
    Ten Thousand Warlords PAC
    Write-In Candidate for US Senate

Newton County Associate Circuit Kort
    Judge Kevin Lee Selby

Satannic evil mongrel giving the "evil eye" to a suspected Phineas Priest
    Newton County Courthouse 3 Aug 16 @ 8:56am

Comment

Associate judgeship only Newton County race

Associate judgeship only Newton County race

By Rayna Karst rkarst@joplinglobe.com

https://www.joplinglobe.com/news/lif...83e67199e.html
      http://christian-identity.net/forum/...8833#post18833
      http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...8833#post18833

NEOSHO, Mo. — While Newton County voters will find multiple races for federal- and state-level offices when they arrive at the polls Tuesday, they will see only one county-level contest, one that developed after the August primary elections.

All but two candidates for the county offices on the Nov. 6 ballot are running unopposed. All of the unopposed candidates are Republican, and with no Democratic or third-party competition are virtually assured of election on Tuesday.

The associate judgeship of Division 3 of Newton County Circuit Court is the subject of the only contested countywide race, with independent candidate Andrew “Andy” Wood challenging Republican incumbent Kevin Selby.

• Wood, 56, of Neosho, is a lifelong Neosho resident. He received an associate degree from Crowder College, a bachelor’s from Drury University and a law degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.

Wood has practiced law in Newton County for over 31 years, serves as Neosho Municipal Court judge, has been the city attorney for Seneca for over 25 years, and is a former judge for the Missouri Division of Workers’ Compensation. He is also the president of the Crowder College Board of Trustees.

• Selby, 53, of Stark City, is a Republican and a lifelong resident of the Jasper and Newton County area. He graduated from Webb City High School, earned a bachelor’s degree at the University of Kansas and a law degree from McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California.

Selby formerly was the deputy district attorney for Sacramento County, California, the assistant prosecuting attorney for Newton County and was a partner at Douglas and Selby Law Firm in Neosho. Selby has been an associate judge for Division 3 of Newton County Circuit Court for 16 years.

City of Granby

Granby voters will also be deciding if they want to impose a local use tax that would be applied to online or out-of-state purchases where sales taxes are not collected.

The use tax would mirror the city’s current sales tax rate of 2.625 percent.

UNOPPOSED CANDIDATES

The following candidates are all Republicans and virtually assured of election:

Judge, 40th Circuit — Gregory Stremel.

Associate circuit judge, Division 2 — Christine Rhoades.

Presiding county commissioner — Bill Reiboldt.

Circuit clerk — Patty A. Krueger.

County clerk — Tami Owens.

Recorder of deeds — Jenny Childers.

Prosecuting attorney — Jake Skouby.

Collector of revenue — Jim W. Otey.

County auditor — Charlotte Ward.

Comment

I'm Judge Kevin Lee Selby, Satanic Mongrel Abomination & This is another of my dishonest pathetic re-election ads

I'm Judge Kevin Lee Selby, Satanic Mongrel Abomination & This is another of my dishonest pathetic re-election ads

And am facing competition from Competent Attorney Andrew Wood for Family Kort & Probate Judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NZL3Rdf6xE
        http://christian-identity.net/forum/...8839#post18839
        http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...8839#post18839

These Missouri judges violate the law, destroy families, oppress the poor and weak and pretty much do whatever they please as they are above the law and cannot be sued.

This is the very worst amoral monster of a judge who bought and sold my grandchildren, sent me to the NutHouse for daring to represent myself on bogus child molestation charges, refused me habeas corpus, and had me illegally sent to a psychiatric prison hospital where I was illegally drugged and tortured until I ended the drugging by pretending to hire a lawyer, then refused to do so.

In 2013 Selby appointed the stupidest lawyer in Newton County to aid my brother in eventually killing my mother and as probate judge refused to step down according to law six times with the aid of Judge Timothy Perigo.

In 2018 Selby granted a "Domestic Protection Order" against me on behalf of Granby City Clerk Lawna Price and Carra Jo Coffer because I called them "fat hogs" at the Granby City Hall when they refused to provide public records in violation of the Missouri Sunshine Law. Thus Selby violated the First Amendment by granting these "Domestic Protection Orders" which are supposed to be only for "Domestic Relations" and NOT used as a means of stifling criticism of Granby City corruption. Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley has improperly asked for and received dismissal of litigation against Selby and Judge Greg Stremel because they are judges and thus above the law in that they cannot be sued.

Now Selby is facing an election in which this evil Satanic mongrel is facing a competent attorney named Andrew Wood who actually has a judicial temperment and a good reputation for basic decency who will do a much better job.

I'd vote for Satan before I'd vote for Selby. I've butted heads with Andrew Wood before. But Wood stays within the bounds of the law. Selby does whatever Selby wants to do and thus everyone fears going into Selby's kort-room because Selby doesn't care what the law is. Even the lawyers fear Selby because NOBODY knows what Selby is going to do.

The only lawyer in Newton County who doesn't seem to fear Selby is Andrew Wood, who despises Selby because of Selby's lawlessness. Only Andrew Wood would dare challenge Selby.

Commentary on this Kevin Lee Selby Poltical ad by Pastor Martin Luther Dzerzhinsky Lindstedt, Church of Jesus Christ Christian / Aryan Nations of Missouri, Write-In Candidate for US Senate against Missouri Attorney Corporate-Meercat Josh Howdy-Doody Hawley, Republican Candidate.

Hail Victory !!!

Pastor Martin Luther Dzerzhinsky (Mad Dog the Conqueror) Lindstedt,
        Church of Jesus Christ Christian / Aryan Nations of Missouri
        Ten Thousand Warlords PAC
        Write-In Candidate for US Senate

Newton County Associate Circuit Kort
        Judge Kevin Lee Selby

Satannic evil mongrel giving the "evil eye" to a suspected Phineas Priest
        Newton County Courthouse 3 Aug 16 @ 8:56am

Comment

Selby re-elected to Newton County associate judgeship

Selby re-elected to Newton County associate judgeship

Granby votes against use tax

By Rayna Karst rkarst@joplinglobe.com
          Nov 6, 2018 Updated Nov 6, 2018

https://www.joplinglobe.com/election...f7345c60e.html
          http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...8849#post18849

NEOSHO, Mo. — Newton County voters on Tuesday returned incumbent Kevin Selby to another term as associate judge in Division 3 of Newton County Circuit Court. Independent Andy Wood lost his challenge by just over 5,000 votes.

Selby received 13,564 votes, while Wood received 8,408.

Selby, a Republican, has held the associate judge position for 16 years.

He is a lifelong resident of the Jasper County and Newton County area, and formerly was the deputy district attorney for Sacramento County, California, the assistant prosecuting attorney for Newton County and was a partner at Douglas and Selby Law Firm in Neosho.

Granby voters rejected the implementation of a local use tax that would have applied to online or out-of-state purchases where sales taxes are not collected.

The use tax proposition received 184 votes in favor and 488 against.

If passed, the tax would have mirrored the city’s current sales tax rate of 2.625 percent.

All the shit unfit to print

http://www.joplinglobe.com

Comment

Pastor Lindstedt on ZOG’s Army of White Zombie-Slaves

Pastor Lindstedt on ZOG’s Army of White Zombie-Slaves

https://eradica.wordpress.com/2018/1...zombie-slaves/
            http://christian-identity.net/forum/...8985#post18985
            http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...8985#post18985

Zombies are real! They are all around you, even now.

The good Pastor has come to the same conclusion we have: cops and soldiers will never wake up.

http://whitenationalist.org/lindstedt/ml052004.html

. . But I did get an inkling of some of the reasons for these regime criminals’ hubris. A little before 8:30, when Selby’s juvenile kort was supposed to open for a busy day of child stealing, I saw a ZOGling whigger (white nigger) couple. Both were blond, including the dumpy wife and shaven skull ‘man.’ I asked them why they were there and they told me a tale of woe, courtesy of DFS and now jewdge Selby.

. . . . The whiggroid ‘man’ was a ZOG jooper (‘joop’ is my term for jew-dupe troops). He was in a MP company (Military Piglice — as a ZOG torturer) and had been back from Afghanistan for some time. In order to get some real ZOG-bux, the fool then became a ‘independent contractor’ for Halliburton, driving a gasoline tanker between Kuwait and Baghdad, making them big ZOG-bux for Bushoil & Cheney. Why, some ragheads actually tried to kill him on March 28, 2004, with a RPG aimed at his tanker. Why, this whigger would have lit up first time, every time if the RPG had hit. This whigger had had the fool ‘protection’ of ZOG, with two helicopter gunships flying overhead, but still them ragheads didn’t know that they were holding up Iraqi ‘freedumb’ given them gratis by this mighty Evil Empire, and so the ungratefool scoundrels fired off an RPG that missed by less than a few yards. But not to worry, this gratefool whigger was looking forward to being called up again any time soon and sent by ZOG with his Military Piglice company to edjewcate the ragheads to shit on Allah by some proper techniques of military interrogation. Since I wanted to hear more, I didn’t bring up how much them A-rabs just loves being tortured by ZOGlings.

. . . . This whigger claimed that 40% of the A-rabs just loves ZOG joopers and being force-fed dem[on]ocracy while having their testicles crushed by pliers. [Strike the part about pliers, I just made it up.] So I said that that leaves 60% of A-rabs pissed off and some of them have RPGs which they like to shoot tanker trucks with. Does he really think that Bush’s War is still winnable? Oh, fer sure, said this whigger. He’d be willing to stake his life on it. Which is just what this fool is doing, I thought.

. . . . This whigger’s tale of DFS woe? Why, all two or three of his little whiggerlings have been stolen by DFS for over two years without them getting to see them except for the eleven-year-old son. The son was returned recently when the whigger got back from Afghanistan and was there for a month or so. But DFS ‘treatment’ of two years duration had rendered the whiggerling feral. The whiggerling assaulted his mother and then his father, and according to jooper daddy, he had to push the kid back and the kid fell on his ass and had a bruise. The feral whiggerling then brought that bruse to the attention of their DFS keepers, and the whiggerling was taken away. Now jooper daddy has to undergo therapy before getting the little feral monster back again. I felt like telling the whigger jooper that it is less than six or seven years before the little feral DFS tyke could be drafted to fight alongside his old ‘man’ shooting sand-niggers in Afghanistan or Pakistan or Iraqistan or Syriastan or Iranistan or whatever -stan ZOG was fighting for jews and oil in, but to make sure that the little DFS tyke didn’t frag his ass, but he had trouble enough, what with being a degenerate idiot and all.

He did say that he was represented by a wonderful lawyer — Aaron Farber. I told him that Aaron Farber was a ‘wonderfool lawyer.’ Why, Aaron Farber got my second son-in-law, James Baldwin off from a juvenile child molestation case from humping his first cousin when he was fifteen and she was twelve or thirteen. DFS loves them genuine child molesters, they are so much under their thumb, as opposed to Resistance leaders like myself whom they try to manufacture charges against. In fact, both Scott Watson and Bill Dobbs love them intra-[de]generational child molesters like Luper Baldwin, James’ daddy, because they let Luper get away with fingering my granddaughter Helen, even though Luper admitted to the crime.

. . . . I didn’t get his name — whigger ZOGlings should be disposed of by their own stupidity in the anonymous millions. But I did figure out why this criminal regime is so stupidly arrogant, never believing that it shall be destroyed. There are literally millions of these hue-man herd animals, bred like white chickens to be fed upon by the jews and whigger traitors running Ameri’Kwa. These sheep are unable and unwilling to do anything other than what they are told by their [d]ruling watchdogs. Why, there are millions of these cannon-fodder, quite willing to murder, torture and rape Muslim men, women, and children without qualm or question. Why, except for the fact that they were too stupid to know that I was shitting on them, they’d be willing enough to kill me and my common-law wife Roxie if someone in authority told them to do so.

As for being willing to revolt, why there is absolutely nothing which will make them revolt. Most certainly not having their children taken away and raised by the Division of Family Services to hate their own father and mother and assault them in their own home. They are mass economic ‘man,’ bred only to love and respect Mammon, creatures without a soul. They are like zombies in one of them horror pictures, living only to kill and eat healthy men, women and children.

. . . . Listen up, White man! Listen up, Muslim man! There is no dealing with these creatures. They are nothing except herd animals like sheep or cattle. The only way to deal with ZOG is to exterminate, using biological weaponry, these animals. Like Generals Sherman and Sheridan noted, it was mighty hard to kill the Souix and Commanche without first destroying the herd animals that they lived off of — the buffalo. Killing stupid herd animals like the buffalo was easy. When all of the buffalo herds were destroyed, Lo the Noble Savage had to get on the reservation or starve to death. Likewise, destroy the whigger herd animals and ZOG is finished as well. It is only by having their gods of government unable to save them that one can deal with the criminal regimeists.

. . . . I sure learned a great deal from that whigger herd animal. This herd animal merely let his family be scattered and destroyed plus to top it off, is a supporter of the very criminal regime that destroyed his only hope for having something live on after he is gone — his children. This mighty Evil Empire is creating yet another dysfunctional set of the underclass and slaves, and this fool supports his oppressors. Over two years and thousands of dollars of his ill-gotten loot from participating as a low-level mercenary destroying the lives of a People nearly 10,000 miles away from where he lives spent on a parasitic lawyer to jack him around, and he worships the crimiminal regime that has fucked him and his children up the ass. Over two years of letting state-sponsored professional perverts and child molesters mess up the minds of his children to where they attack their parents, and the degenerate idiot supports this regime and believes in the System. Like millions of other whigger ZOGling hue-man herd animals, this critter can learn nothing. All that can be done is to help this mighty Evil Empire proceed with their unplanned great die-off of millions of these animals when the System collapses.

I'm Little Butt I'm Loud!!!

Comment

Missouri Supreme Court chief justice notes rule changes, solicits feedback

Missouri Supreme Court chief justice notes rule changes, solicits feedback

Rayna Kharst rkarst@joplinglobe.com
              May 7, 2019

https://www.joplinglobe.com/news/loc...80b62be53.html
              http://christian-identity.net/forum/...9695#post19695
              http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...9695#post19695

Zel Fischer, chief justice of the Missouri Supreme Court, visited Joplin on Monday to inform local lawyers and judges about changing rules or statutes within the court system, and hear feedback from lawyers about how the courts could better serve Missouri residents.

"We use you lawyers as our ears on the ground," he said. "You let us know when rules aren't working, you let us know when there are problems or legitimate criticisms that are out there. We couldn't do what we do without you."

Fischer said that significant rule changes for this year include allowing spouses of active military officials to practice law in Missouri without taking a new bar exam, and a new rule that may lower the bonds set for people being held for nonviolent crimes.

"We're trying to make pretrial decisions so that those who are presumed innocent aren't held too long," Fischer said. "Such that a lot of these people who are being put on probation haven't lost their jobs or had somebody else have to take care of their family and so forth."

The rule, which is set to take effect July 1, requires judges to consider options other than payment to release those being held pretrial, or to consider lower bonds.

"That's a change that was done that I hope does some good," Fischer said. "I think it will also result in some people who are dangerous, with higher bonds, being held without bond. The whole idea wasn't to wreck the prosecutors' and the defense lawyers' world, but to try and take care of the situation so that we are treating those who are presumed innocent in a fair way while protecting our society."

The rule concerning the spouses of military officials went into effect Jan. 1, and within a week someone had applied for a temporary position in the Missouri Bar Association, Fischer said. Typically, lawyers must take a specific bar exam for each state they want to practice in.

"If your spouse is a member of the active military and you get moved around all the time, do you really want to take a new bar exam?" Fischer said.

While no lawyers present offered suggestions or changes to the court system during Monday's address, Fischer and Ray Williams, president of the Missouri Bar Association, emphasized that they are welcome to reach out with any ideas.

"One of the obligations that we were assigned back when the Supreme Court of Missouri formed the Missouri Bar was to enhance the administration of justice and improve the law," Williams said. "I believe that's one of the duties, and it's set out in our rule, that applies to our responsibilities to the public to help improve the lives of our fellow Missourians."

Williams also spoke about how the Missouri Bar encourages lawyers to be active in their communities.

"It shows that our lawyers are able, by working with the Missouri Bar, to even better serve their clients or their community," he said. "They have been serving their clients for so many years and volunteering at all of these community organizations. ... I think that's so important for the community to know, that lawyers are really there to help them with their legal problems and improve the lives of all Missourians."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Background

Zel Fischer, chief justice of the Missouri Supreme Court, was first elected as associate circuit judge in 2006 in Atchison County, and he was appointed to the Missouri Supreme Court in October 2008. He was retained at the 2010 general election for a 12-year term. His term as chief justice began in July 2017 and ends July 1 of this year.

All the shit unfit to print

http://www.joplinglobe.com

Comment

Governor appoints Newton County Prosecuting Attorney to associate circuit judge position

Governor appoints Newton County Prosecuting Attorney to associate circuit judge position

https://rturner229.blogspot.com/2020...on-county.html
                http://christian-identity.net/forum/...0889#post20889
                http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...0889#post20889

(From Gov. Mike Parson)

Today, Governor Mike Parson appointed Jacob R. Skouby, Jr., as Associate Circuit Judge for the 40th Judicial Circuit.

He will fill the Associate Circuit Judge vacancy created by the appointment of the Honorable Kevin Selby to Circuit Judge.

Mr. Skouby, of Joplin, currently serves as the Prosecuting Attorney for Newton County. He holds a holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Missouri-Columbia and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law.

___666___666___666___

The Turner Diaries RULES, The Turner Report drools

Comment

A Southwest Missouri courtroom may be moving, but it’s causing complaints

A Southwest Missouri courtroom may be moving, but it’s causing complaints

by: Jacob Kaufman
                  Posted: Jul 28, 2021 / 07:54 PM CDT / Updated: Jul 28, 2021 / 07:55 PM CDT

https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/n...ng-complaints/
                  http://christian-identity.net/forum/...23243#post2343
                  http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...3243#post23243

NEWTON COUNTY, MO – One courtroom in Southwest Missouri may be moving, and it’s causing a stir of emotion within the community.

The historic courtroom in the Newton County Court House has been a part of the community for 85 years.

Now, there’s talk of moving it, which is causing some complaints.

Including some from Newton County judges.

According to Newton County Judge, Keven Selby, law requires that a court room is provided to practice their profession in.

Currently the Newton County commissioners use the historic court room as their office, so the county purchased the canopy church building in Neosho with the intent to turn it into a new courtroom.

The old courtroom would then permanently become the commissioners office.

“We currently have three court rooms in the Judicial Center, as well as the historic courtroom that you allow me to use two days a week because you’ve made this your office.” Says Selby.

Although, at the end of the day, Selby will have a courtroom to practice in, he adds he was promised the historic court room.

“This is a difficult decision for you only because the right decision requires you to sacrifice your office.” Says Selby.

With what was presented, commissioner Bill Reiboldt says they will be taking it into consideration.

“Everything that was said today will be taken under advisement, and we will deal with those issues.” Says Reiboldt.

And for those not able to comment at the meeting, Reiboldt adds they can in the future.

“They can talk to any one of us one on one, or they can come in and we will do a meeting if they have a particular comments or issues, or they can write in.” Says Reiboldt.

So thus begs the question… Will it be the commissioners moving their office, or will the court move?

Reiboldt adds they don’t know when they will make their final decision.

Comment

Working...
                  X