+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: The James Fields Shoah Trial

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Day 8: wo people who were with Fields moments before fatal crash testify in court; defense plans to wrap up case Thursday

    Day 8: Defense calls its witnesses, Defense Case to be Wrapped up Thursday

    Two people who were with Fields moments before fatal crash testify in court; defense plans to wrap up case Thursday



    Witnesses called by defense lawyers to testify Wednesday in the murder trial of James Alex Fields Jr. focused on his demeanor, cellphone use and movement through Charlottesville in the hour before he drove his car into a crowd of people who were protesting a white nationalist rally he came to attend.

    Two people who were with Fields less than 30 minutes before the alleged car attack said he appeared calm then, and had made plans to have lunch with another rallygoer that afternoon.

    Sarah Bolstad and Hayden Calhoun met Fields as they were trying to leave the city that afternoon.

    “He didn’t seem like the kind of person who would do that — or who was about to do something like that,” Bolstad said.

    Fields, 21, is charged with first-degree murder and other offenses for the Aug. 12, 2017, crash that killed 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injured dozens of others. His attorneys concede that Fields was driving the car as it sped into the crowd. But they say it was self-defense because Fields feared for his life, not a planned attack on protesters opposing his white nationalist ideology.

    A forensic expert called to testify this week said Heyer died of blunt force injury to her torso. About 35 other people, eight of whom were called by the prosecution to testify, were injured in the crash.

    Bolstad and Calhoun said they left the downtown area where the rally was to be held after street violence that morning led to authorities declaring the event an unlawful assembly.

    As they walked with a large group of people to another city park where rallygoers were gathering, they were told a state of emergency had been declared and that they could not enter the park.

    They said Fields and another person, Joshua Matthews, approached them and suggested they walk back downtown to Matthews’ truck together. Fields then proposed going to his car because it was closer.

    Calhoun said Fields and Matthews invited them to have lunch as Fields dropped them off at their vehicle, but they declined because he wanted to leave Charlottesville.

    A few minutes later, after Fields dropped off Matthews at a parking garage downtown, Fields used Google Maps on his phone to guide him back to his hometown of Maumee, Ohio.

    Phil DeBue, a private digital forensic analyst who was called to testify Wednesday, said data retrieved from Fields’ phone shows he requested those directions at 1:39 p.m., less than five minutes before police were called to the scene of the car crash.

    DeBue said there were two sets of directions generated on the phone at that time, and then a third set shortly after, but without an exact time stamp. The street Fields was supposed to take was closed at the time.

    DeBue said the data show the turn-by-turn directions for his destination, but did not show what path he took.

    While Fields’ lawyers argue that he cannot be guilty of planning an attack because of the evidence from his cellphone’s data and the testimony about plans he had been making for later in the day, premeditation has a low bar in Virginia.

    In an interview last week, Charlottesville attorney Lloyd Snook, who is not involved in the case, said premeditation can exist for just “a split second.” Judge Richard E. Moore said Tuesday that there also may be enough evidence to prove that Fields acted with malice instead of fear.

    So far, no one has testified about what Fields experienced in his car that could have made him feel unsafe.

    The defense on Wednesday also called Edmund Davidson, a knifemaker from Goshen who attended the rally, to describe the chaotic and dangerous scene downtown.

    Davidson said a friend invited him to the rally, and he agreed to go to protest the city’s plans to remove the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. He said he did not expect to encounter the violence that led authorities to cancel the rally and disperse the hundreds of people there.

    Davidson said he felt trapped in the park where the rally was being held, as police began pushing people out and counterprotesters remained in the streets.

    “I’m cornered,” he said, recalling the scene. “I was literally cornered.”

    He said a counterprotester with a sign reading “This machine kills fascists” also frightened him.

    Clifford Thomas, a senior trooper and Virginia crash reconstructionist, testified Wednesday that Fields’ vehicle reached a top speed of 28 mph before he hit a silver Toyota Camry that was in the middle of the crowd.

    He said he was not able to determine what speed the car was going when it struck the crowd, but it appeared to be traveling at 23 mph upon impact with the Camry.

    Fields’ attorneys plan to call two more witnesses on Thursday.

    Moore said closing arguments in the trial could be finished by the end of Thursday.

    csuarez@timesdispatch.com (804) 649-6178


    I am The Librarian

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Day 8: Defense Attorneys Continue to Call Witnesses in Fields Trial

    Day 8: Defense Attorneys Continue to Call Witnesses in Fields Trial


    CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) - Attorneys for James Alex Fields, Junior are expected to rest their case Thursday, December 6.

    [Click for coverage of Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, and Day 7.]

    The defense called six people to the witness stand Wednesday, December 5. Attorneys for the 21-year-old Ohio man are expected to call two more people to testify inside Charlottesville Circuit Court Thursday morning.

    Fields is accused of killing Heather Heyer and injuring dozens of counterprotesters in a car attack on Fourth Street August 12, 2017. He is charged with first-degree murder, five counts of aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of malicious wounding, and one count of failing to stop at an accident involving a death.

    Fields participated in the Unite the Right rally, and believes he was acting in self-defense when he drove into people who were against the white-nationalist event. The court previously heard a portion of a jailhouse phone call where Fields described the crowd on Fourth Street as terrorists.

    Jurors saw photos taken by Edmund Davidson, who also took the witness stand Wednesday. His photos included pictures of armed police throughout the area of the rally and on rooftops. Fields could be seen in some of Davidson’s pictures. There were also pictures of protesters bleeding and being treated for pepper spray.

    Davidson told the court he thought counterprotesters might kill him after he saw one holding a sign saying "This Machine Kills Fascists."

    Authorities declared an unlawful assembly in the area of then-Emancipation Park before noon that day, at which point Davidson moved to the Downtown Mall.

    Philip DePue, a digital forensic expert, examined data on Fields’ phone. His testimony went over two routes Google Maps suggested to Fields around 1:39 p.m. in order for him to get back to Ohio.

    During cross examination, DePue stated that none of the suggested routes directed Fields to drive down Fourth Street toward Water Street.

    Virginia State Police Trooper Clifford Thomas, a crash reconstructionist, calculated that Fields’ Dodge Challenger was going 28 miles-per-hour before impacting the crowd on Fourth Street.

    Thomas said the Challenger was going 23 miles-per-hour when it then struck a parked Toyota Camry on the side of the street. The impact caused the pickup truck to travel at a speed of 17.1 miles-per-hour in 160 milliseconds.

    Also called to testify were Hayden Calhoun and Sara Bolstad, a couple who attended the Unite the Right rally together. Calhoun recounted how they met Fields and a fourth person - later identified as Joshua Matthews during Bolstad's testimony. The four of them stuck together, and Calhoun said Fields later invited the couple to go get lunch.

    Both witnesses described Fields as calm, and Bolstad said she did not feel uneasy around him. She said they later decided to go home instead of staying in Charlottesville because Calhoun's mother called and was "freaking out."

    Calhoun said he contacted the FBI several days later, after learning that Fields was involved in the incident on Fourth Street.

    Charlottesville Police Detective Steven Young was also called back to the witness stand. Young went over much of the same evidence brought forth by the commonwealth Tuesday regarding data pulled from Fields' phone.

    Court was initially delayed for about two hours Wednesday. Judge Richard Moore announced that something was said in the presence of a juror Tuesday that needed to be followed-up on. The judge said it did not affect the trial.

    Judge Moore said at the end of the Wednesday’s proceedings that he hopes to move into closing arguments after the courts’ lunch break Thursday.


    Typpycull ZOGland Noose 4 ZOGling Whigger Ass-Clowns
    Across Duh Fruited & Nutted ZOG-Plain


    Cum-cum, Cum-cum !!!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    In a Phillipino Massage Parlor near jew!!!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Day 9: Closing statements given at James Fields' murder trial in Charlottesville; jury to begin deliberations Friday

    Day 9: Closing statements given at James Fields' murder trial in Charlottesville; jury to begin deliberations Friday

    By C. SUAREZ ROJAS Richmond Times-Dispatch


    CHARLOTTESVILLE — In closing statements Thursday, Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Nina-Alice Antony sought to undermine the defense’s argument that James Alex Fields Jr. thought he was under attack and felt sorry for harming the protesters he struck with his car.

    Defense attorney Denise Lunsford said videos of Fields apologizing to police and weeping in an interrogation room after learning that someone died in the crash show that he was genuinely sorry, but Antony said Fields did not have to drive his car into the crowd of people.

    “He said he was scared of people attacking him, but we can look at that — there was no evidence that shows he is credible,” Antony said.

    Fields, 21, is charged with first degree-murder in the Aug. 12, 2017, death of Heather Heyer. The Ohio man also faces eight counts of malicious wounding for injuries he caused to others in the incident.

    The jury will begin its deliberations Friday morning.

    The defense has argued that Fields feared for his life after attending the violent Unite the Right rally that day. Police declared the white nationalist gathering an unlawful assembly after an hour of pitched street violence consumed the downtown park where the rally was being held to protest the planned removal of a Confederate statue.

    The jury must now determine whether Fields acted with malice and intended to kill and harm the protesters. Lunsford asked the jury to not find him guilty of anything more than voluntary manslaughter and unlawful wounding.

    Antony noted that several witnesses testified that the counterprotesters’ march was joyful and markedly different from the scene earlier in the day.

    Lunsford, however, said Fields and others remained cautious around the counterprotesters and were worried about the potential for further violence.

    “There were two groups of people: peaceful, happy people and angry, violent protesters,” she said. “That difference is sometimes in the eye of the beholder.”

    Three months before the rally, Fields posted to his Instagram account an image depicting a car slamming into a group of people with overlaid text that says: “You have the right to protest, but I’m late for work.”

    Antony, the prosecutor, said the image gives the jury a “glimpse into his mind” the moment Fields saw the crowd of marching protesters as they approached Charlottesville’s downtown pedestrian mall.

    “He was presented with an opportunity,” she said. “He seized it to make his Instagram post a reality.”

    Antony said the Instagram post and an “almost sinister” text he sent to his mother the night before the rally, paired with an image of Adolf Hitler, are evidence that he held ill will against the counterprotesters.

    In response to his mother counseling him to be careful, he replied: “We’re not the ones who need to be careful.”

    Lunsford, however, argued that Fields was simply a brash 20-year-old, and that offensive memes and bravado are not necessarily evidence of bad intentions.

    She noted that one of the defense’s witnesses, Edmund Davidson, said he saw a counterprotester at the rally carrying a sign that said, “This machine kills fascists.”

    “Was that person thinking of doing that that day, or was he trying to convey another message?” said Lunsford, adding that Fields did not come to Charlottesville with any weapons or equipment.

    While photos of Fields from that day showed that he at one point carried a shield and chanted homophobic slurs alongside members of a white nationalist group, Lunsford said Fields, like many others, was carried away by the tension.

    Earlier in the day, one of the final witnesses in the case, Dwayne Dixon, a University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill professor who came to protest the rally, told the jury that he saw a vehicle similar to Fields’ Dodge Challenger circle a downtown park where counterprotesters were gathered sometime between 12:45 and 1:15 p.m.

    After seeing it a third time, Dixon forcefully told the driver to “get the f--- out of here,” he said.

    Dixon admitted to writing a now-deleted Facebook post in January describing the interaction, saying he “shooed” away Fields while holding a rifle sometime before the fatal car ramming two blocks away.

    While the Facebook post has been the subject of conspiracy theories that claim Dixon chased Fields into the crowd, the prosecutor said Dixon may have mistaken Fields’ vehicle for someone else’s.

    Witnesses who have testified in the case said Fields reversed away from the counterprotesters and was idling before hurtling toward the crowd. Fields told police that he thought there were people who were going to attack him from behind, but Antony said there has been no evidence to support that claim.

    The prosecutor said the remorse that the defendant appeared to show in statements to the police may be misplaced or disingenuous, because recordings of two jailhouse phone calls between Fields and his mother show that he had little sympathy for the victims, as he angrily referred to them as “terrorists” and “communists.”

    “Weigh the credibility of his statements. Think about that in light of the evidence and ask if they’re credible,” Antony said to the jury. “We know there was no one behind him.”

    csuarez@timesdispatch.com , (804) 649-6178


    I am The Librarian

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Day 9: Last Defense Witnesses Called, Closing Statements, Case goes to Jury

    Day 9: Last Defense Witnesses Called, Closing Statements, Case goes to Jury

    Jury to Enter Deliberations in Fields Trial Friday Morning

    Posted: Dec 06, 2018 7:46 AM CST
    Updated: Dec 06, 2018 5:55 PM CST
    Edited by John Early, jearly@nbc29.com


    CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) - Jurors are entering the deliberations phase in the James Alex Fields, Junior trial.

    [Click for coverage of Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7 and Day 8.]

    Defense attorneys rested Thursday, December 6, after calling their final two witnesses to the stand. Attorneys for the 21-year-old Ohio man have been presenting their case to the 16-member jury inside Charlottesville Circuit Court since Tuesday, December 4.

    During closing arguments, Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Nina-Alice Antony reiterated that the case is about intent. She told the jury it is time to answer the central question, "What was in his [Fields’] mind when he flew into the crowd?"

    Fields is accused of killing Heather Heyer and injuring dozens of counterprotesters in a car attack on Fourth Street August 12, 2017. He is charged with first-degree murder, five counts of aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of malicious wounding, and one count of failing to stop at an accident involving a death.

    Antony talked to the jury about malice, intent, and premeditation during the commonwealth's closing argument. She said Fields used his Dodge Challenger as a weapon, that he acted deliberately when he accelerated into the crowd, and that he meant to do them harm.

    Fields had participated in the Unite the Right rally, and believes he was acting in self-defense when he drove into the counterprotesters. The commonwealth said there was no evidence anyone harassed Fields that day, and that no one was near Fields before he drove into the crowd.

    Antony said that according to the defense witnesses, Fields was calm on August 12 and nothing was wrong with him. Three people who were with Fields before the car attack - Joshua Matthews, Hayden Calhoun, and Sara Bolstad - all testified that Fields was calm and had invited them to go get lunch.

    On the matter of intent, Antony explained that intent can be any amount of time. She said surveillance video shows Fields' intent when he reversed on Fourth Street - away from the crowd - and then sped forward. She said his intent was not to kill Heyer specifically, but to kill any member of the group. On Fourth Street, Fields "seizes his opportunity to make Instagram post a reality."

    Defense Attorney Denise Lunsford closed by asking the jury to consider whether Fields acted with actual malice.

    Lunsford argued that Fields was 20 years old at the time of the Unite the Right rally. She said, "A meme is not an expression of intent, necessarily." The defense was likely referencing the image Fields posted to his own Instagram account.

    The defense finished up by saying that Fields acted out of fear, rather than hatred and malice. Lunsford asked the jury to find Fields guilty on the lesser charges of manslaughter and unlawful wounding.

    Antony spoke to the jury a final time about how sometimes memes do mean what they mean, and that Fields turned the meme he posted on social media into a reality. She then showed the jury a photo of Fields during the incident and said that this is "not the face of someone who is scared."

    The jury of seven woman and five men will begin deliberations at 9:30 a.m. Friday, December 7. The four alternate jurors were dismissed Thursday.

    Court was delayed earlier when Matthews failed to show up on time. The Augusta County man eventually got into contact with authorities, and took the witness stand Thursday afternoon. Following his testimony, Judge Richard Moore ordered that Matthews be detained for contempt of court for failure to appear on time, telling the witness, "I'll deal with you later on today."

    Dwayne Dixon, a member of the militia-style Redneck Revolt, was called also called to testify Thursday. He testified that he saw a “gray, muscle car” around the downtown area several times.

    Dixon said he did not witness the crash, because he was being interviewed at the corner of Fourth and Jefferson streets. The witness was carrying an AR-15 rifle that day, but testified he kept it “slung, muzzled-down.” He has claimed previously that he used his gun to scare off a man he believes was Fields. During his testimony, Dixon said he could not see the driver because the car had tinted windows.

    The commonwealth called Steven Young, a detective with the Charlottesville Police Department, back to the witness stand after the defense rested. Young went over Fields' geo-location information from Facebook to show a timeline of the defendant's movements from that day. It appears some of those timestamps do not support Dixon's statements about where he saw the "gray, muscle car."

    Typpycull ZOGland Noose 4 ZOGling Whigger Ass-Clowns
    Across Duh Fruited & Nutted ZOG-Plain


    Cum-cum, Cum-cum !!!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Granby, State of Missery, ZOG

    Default Banned Comment -- Mischling ZOGtard Coonvicted After Shoah Trial

    Banned Comment -- Mischling ZOGtard Coonvicted After Shoah Trial



    A number of us onlookers know what happened.

    Was the jury allowed to find out the whole truth from the judge and the fake lying jewsmedia accounts? Of course not!

    There is a whole nation of the aggrieved who trust not the media and judicial authorities and who will no longer show up in the open to be set up.

    When that happens then it will be impossible to regain control over those White People you have abused, enslaved and murdered.

    By the way, it seems that I have been already banned for a comment which was deleted. So much for a "free" and "unbiased" press.

    Hail Victory !!!

    Pastor Martin Luther Dzerzhinsky Lindstedt
    Church of Jesus Christ Christian / Aryan Nations of Missouri




    The TalmudVision Station wants to this wandering mischling James Fields to be coonvicted later in the day by the jewry. They already deleted my previous comment and have banned me from commenting via Disquis.

    I have no doubt that this particular fuktard stupid enough to play Z&Z (ZOGbots & ZOGtards) shall be coonvicted in this Shoah Trial and promptly locked away in order to detract from the reality of this Charlottesville Incident as nothing more than an upgraded Greensboro Incident (Nov. 1979) in which ZOGtards lead by ZOGbots were abandoned in Niggertown/Injun Cuntree were set uip in a kill-or-be-killed situation and when they defend theysselfs will endure years of trial in ZOGkorts or until they is found guilty.

    This particular tard shoahed up and them when it was trying to leave was attacked by local and trucked-in antifa. Some fat whigger antifa landwhale mudshark crack running out in the middle of the street chasing "Not-sees" either got runnt-over or simply expires of a heart attack in the August Virginia heat. She brought her death upon hersself, but the stupid lawyer crack won't dre bring this up.

    So upon jewry deliberation they will doubtless vote to coonvict upon getting the case from the local crooked judge when they are brought in later this morning.

    And this TalmudVision station will go the way of the lie-papers in censoring dissenting views that they are the heirs of Sodomic abuse of legal procedure.

    Hail Victory !!!

    Pastor Martin Luther Dzerzhinsky Lindstedt
    Church of Jesus Christ Christian / Aryan Nations of Missouri

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Day 10: Jury convicts James Fields of first-degree murder in death of Heather Heyer in Charlottesville

    Day 10: Jury convicts James Fields of first-degree murder in death of Heather Heyer in Charlottesville


    Niggers rejoice as mischling James Fields is coonvicted for killing a fat landwhale mudshark antifaskank

    CHARLOTTESVILLE — The Ohio man who drove his car into counterprotesters at the white nationalist Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville last summer was convicted Friday of first-degree murder, a verdict that local civil rights activists hope will help heal a community still scarred by the violence and the racial tensions it inflamed nationwide.

    A state jury rejected defense arguments that 21-year-old James Alex Fields Jr. acted in self-defense. Jurors also convicted Fields of eight other charges, including aggravated malicious wounding and hit-and-run.

    Fields drove to Virginia from his home in Maumee, Ohio, to support the white nationalists on Aug. 12, 2017. As a large group of counterprotesters marched through Charlottesville singing and laughing, he stopped his car, backed up, then sped into the crowd, according to testimony from witnesses and video surveillance shown to jurors.

    Prosecutors told the jury that Fields was angry after seeing violent clashes between the two sides earlier in the day. The violence prompted police to shut down the rally before it even officially began.

    Heather Heyer, a 32-year-old paralegal and civil rights activist, was killed, and nearly three dozen others were injured. The trial featured emotional testimony from survivors who described devastating injuries and long, complicated recoveries.

    After the verdict was read in court, some of those who were injured embraced Heyer’s mother, Susan Bro. She left the courthouse without commenting. Fields’ mother, Samantha Bloom, who is disabled, left the courthouse in a wheelchair without commenting.

    A group of about a dozen local civil rights activists stood in front of the courthouse after the verdict with their right arms raised in the air.

    “They will not replace us! They will not replace us!” they yelled, in a response to the chants heard on the eve of the 2017 rally, when some white nationalists shouted: “You will not replace us!” and “Jews will not replace us.”

    Charlottesville City Councilor Wes Bellamy said he hopes the verdict “allows our community to take another step toward healing and moving forward.”

    Charlottesville civil rights activist Tanesha Hudson said she sees the guilty verdict as the city’s way of saying, “We will not tolerate this in our city.”

    “We don’t stand for this type of hate. We just don’t,” she said.

    White nationalist Richard Spencer, who had been scheduled to speak at the Unite the Right rally, described the verdict as a “miscarriage of justice.”

    “I am sadly not shocked, but I am appalled by this,” he told The Associated Press. “He was treated as a terrorist from the get-go.”

    Spencer had questioned whether Fields could get a fair trial since the case was “so emotional.”

    “There does not seem to be any reasonable evidence put forward that he engaged in murderous intent,” Spencer said.

    Spencer popularized the term “alt-right” to describe a fringe movement loosely mixing white nationalism, anti-Semitism and other far-right extremist views. He said he doesn’t feel any personal responsibility for the violence that erupted in Charlottesville.

    “Absolutely not,” he said. “As a citizen, I have a right to protest. I have a right to speak. That is what I came to Charlottesville to do.”

    The far-right rally in August 2017 had been organized in part to protest the planned removal of a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. Hundreds of Ku Klux Klan members, neo-Nazis and other white nationalists — emboldened by the election of President Donald Trump — streamed into the college town for one of the largest gatherings of white supremacists in a decade. Some dressed in battle gear.

    Afterward, Trump inflamed tensions even further when he said “both sides” were to blame, a comment some saw as a refusal to condemn racism.

    According to one of his former teachers, Fields was known in high school for being fascinated with Nazism and idolizing Adolf Hitler. Jurors were shown a text message he sent to his mother days before the rally that included an image of the notorious German dictator. When his mother pleaded with him to be careful, he replied: “We’re not the ones who need to be careful.”

    During one of two recorded phone calls Fields made to his mother from jail in the months after he was arrested, he told her he had been mobbed “by a violent group of terrorists” at the rally. In another, Fields referred to the mother of the woman who was killed as a “communist” and “one of those anti-white supremacists.”

    Prosecutors also showed jurors a meme Fields posted on Instagram three months before the rally in which bodies are shown being thrown into the air after a car hits a crowd of people identified as protesters. He posted the meme publicly to his Instagram page and sent a similar image as a private message to a friend.

    But Fields’ lawyers told the jury that he drove into the crowd on the day of the rally because he feared for his life and was “scared to death” by earlier violence he had witnessed. A video of Fields being interrogated after the crash showed him sobbing and hyperventilating after he was told that a woman had died and others were seriously injured.

    The jury will reconvene Monday to recommend a sentence. Under Virginia law, jurors can recommend from 20 years to life in prison on the first-degree murder charge.

    Fields is eligible for the death penalty if convicted of separate federal hate crime charges. No trial has been scheduled yet.


    I am The Librarian

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Jew Yawk Slimes: James Fields Guilty of First-Degree Murder in Death of Heather Heyer

    Jew Yawk Slimes: James Fields Guilty of First-Degree Murder in Death of Heather Heyer

    By Jonathan M. Katz and Farah Stockman
    Dec. 7, 2018


    Unhappy mischling James Fields glances from its mugshot as a caught ZOGtard
    He really needs to thank fellow tribesmamzers like the 1/8 mischling Dickie Spencer and 3/4 jewboy Mike "the kike" Eoch/Peinovich


    CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Sixteen months after swastika-toting white supremacists swarmed the streets of Charlottesville, one of the demonstrators was convicted of first-degree murder Friday by a jury that found he intentionally drove his car into a crowd of counterprotesters, killing one woman and injuring nearly 40 others.

    James Fields Jr., 21, faces up to life in prison for the death of Heather Heyer, 32, in a case that has stirred soul-searching in a city that prides itself on being a liberal bastion. Mr. Fields, who traveled from Ohio to attend the Unite the Right rally, was also convicted of nine other charges, including aggravated malicious wounding and leaving the scene of a fatal accident.

    Friday’s verdict was cheered by those fighting racial and religious hatred and provided some closure in a case that cast a national spotlight on Charlottesville, the scene chosen by racists and anti-Semites to rally for their cause, near a Confederate monument that some city leaders were trying to remove.

    “This verdict sends a strong message to others that hate has no place in our society,” said Jonathan Greenblatt, the chief executive of the Anti-Defamation League.

    The attack, in which Mr. Fields sped down a narrow street teeming with counterprotesters, was a deadly coda to a weekend of white nationalist events in Charlottesville last August, which included a pre-rally march with torches to the statue of Thomas Jefferson on the campus of the University of Virginia. The rally was marked by violent clashes between counterprotesters and white nationalists, some of whom were convicted earlier this year.

    Many of Mr. Fields’s victims had confronted ralliers earlier that day and were on their way home, celebrating the fact that authorities had shut down the event, when they were struck by his Dodge Challenger.

    Mr. Fields showed no emotion and sat subdued between his lawyers as a clerk read the unanimous verdicts and polled the jury of seven women and five men, including one African-American man. At one point, Mr. Fields glanced back toward his mother, who, dressed in black and sitting in a wheelchair, sobbed quietly into a tissue. Judge Richard E. Moore of Charlottesville Circuit Court affirmed the verdicts, but made no comment.

    His victims sobbed, hugged, and softly cheered inside the crowded courtroom. Several joined in a group hug around Star Peterson, a single mother whose legs and back were broken in the crash. Constance Paige Young, who was also injured, said the guilty verdicts and a coming federal hate crime trial would “set a precedent that this white nationalist violence that has been present since this nation’s inception is no longer tolerable.”

    The nine-day trial featured days of emotional testimony from victims who were seriously injured in the crash, including Ms. Peterson and Marcus Martin, who pushed his girlfriend out of the way, bearing the brunt of the impact himself. He later married her. Many of the victims returned to the courtroom day after day to listen to other witnesses, and jurors saw them hugging and comforting one another.

    During much of the testimony, Mr. Fields betrayed no emotion and appeared apathetic as his victims described their pain and lasting injuries.

    But Courtney Commander, whose knee was grazed by the car, said that in the first days of testimony, Mr. Fields mouthed the words, “I’m sorry” at her, prompting her and two other victims to leave the courtroom.

    “I don’t even know how to feel about it,” she said before the verdict came down. “Even if he does feel sorry, it’s not going to bring back my friend.”

    During the trial, prosecutors introduced evidence that Mr. Fields intended to commit harm when he drove from Ohio to attend the rally. In a text message exchange with his mother, she told him to be careful. “We’re not the one[s] who need to be careful,” he replied in a message that also included a photo of Adolf Hitler.

    Prosecutors also showed the jury a cartoon that Mr. Fields had shared months earlier on Instagram of a car ramming into a crowd, with the words, “You have the right to protest but I’m late for work.” Other evidence included recordings of conversations that Mr. Fields had with his mother after his arrest, in which he described the counterprotesters at the rally as a “violent gang of terrorists,” and derided Ms. Heyer’s mother, Susan Bro, as an “anti-white liberal” who should be viewed as an enemy.

    [Read: In Charlottesville Murder Trial, Courtroom Relives Trauma of a Violent Day]

    “There’s no evidence he came prepared to do any harm,” said John Hill, a defense lawyer, during the trial. The defense called Dwayne Dixon, an anti-racism activist, to testify, and he acknowledged shouting at a gray car while he had an AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder.

    But video footage from that day showed Mr. Fields’s car idling and then backing up before it plowed ahead into the crowd.

    Jurors were visibly moved by testimony of victims describing the crash. Mr. Fields drove away — a sneaker still stuck in the grill of the car — and was stopped on a road heading out of town. In a conversation with a police officer, his voice flat and calm, he said, “I didn’t want to hurt people, but I thought they were attacking me.” When he was told that a person died and many were injured, he gasped and sobbed.

    A prosecutor, Nina-Alice Antony, argued that Mr. Fields clearly had “specific intent to kill a human being,” even if he had not singled out any particular person in the crowd.

    The rally, which purported to be a defense of the statues of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson, which some in the city were trying to remove, tore at the fabric of Charlottesville even before it was held, as anti-racism activists begged city officials not to hold it, warning that there would be violence.

    City leaders eventually tried to stop the rally from being held, but a judge allowed it to move forward, citing free speech rights.

    The violence that broke out, in particular the deadly crash, gave elected officials new ammunition in their attempts to get judges to curtail white nationalist events.

    Support grew for the statues’ removal, and many local Republican officials distanced themselves from people associated with the rally. President Trump was widely criticized for his comments that there was “blame on both sides” for the violence.

    Nearly every official who held power at the time has since resigned or retired. The city attorney, who concluded that there was no legal way to stop the rally, took a job in another town. The police chief stepped down in the wake of a critical report accusing him of failing to protect the public. The city manager, who oversaw the city’s response, also left and a permanent replacement has yet to be found.

    Instead of uniting the right, the rally’s purported goal, it empowered a leftist political coalition that vows to confront generations of racial and economic injustice. But despite the drastic overhaul of the city’s leadership, wholesale change has been slow to take hold.

    The bronze Confederate generals that ignited the rally still sit on horseback in public parks. Activists still demand their removal. A judge still forbids it. Their fate may be decided next month.

    A sentencing hearing with the same jury is scheduled to begin Monday, pending possible delays for a snowstorm predicted for the weekend. Mr. Fields also could face the death penalty in a second trial on federal hate crimes charges next year. A guilty verdict in that case, his victims said, would be critical to sending a message that violent white supremacy would not be tolerated.

    Outside the brick courthouse Friday evening, just a few blocks from where Mr. Fields drove his car into the crowd — punctuating that August afternoon with screams and chaos — several of his victims stood on the steps. With the lights of local television cameras casting glows on their faces, they chanted defiantly, “Whose streets? Our streets!”

    Correction: December 6, 2018
    An earlier version of this article misstated how many charges James Fields Jr. was convicted of, aside from the murder charge. He was convicted of nine other charges, not eight.

    Jonathan M. Katz reported from Charlottesville, and Farah Stockman from Boston.

    A version of this article appears in print on Dec. 7, 2018, on Page A1 of the New York edition with the headline: Driver Who Plowed Into Charlottesville Crowd Is Guilty of Murder.

    I am The Librarian

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    In a Phillipino Massage Parlor near jew!!!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Day 10: Jurors Finds Fields Guilty of First-Degree Murder

    Day 10: Jurors Finds Fields Guilty of First-Degree Murder

    Posted: Dec 07, 2018 7:48 AM CST
    Updated: Dec 08, 2018 3:18 PM CST


    CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) - Jurors have found 21-year-old James Alex Fields, Junior guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Heather Heyer.

    Fields was also found guilty of nine other charges: aggravated malicious wounding (five counts), malicious wounding (three counts), and failing to stop at an accident involving a death.

    The charges typically carry the following amount of prison time in Virginia:

    First-degree murder - 20 years to life

    Aggravated malicious wounding - 20 years to life

    Malicious wounding - five years to 20 years

    Hit and run - up to 10 years

    The verdicts were announced in Charlottesville Circuit Court shortly after 5 p.m. Friday, December 7. The jury of seven woman and five men had begun deliberating the case at 9:42 a.m.

    The charges stem from Fields driving his Dodge Challenger into a crowd of counterprotesters on Fourth Street August 12, 2017. The commonwealth argued Fields had hate and violence on his mind when he drove into the crowd. Defense attorneys claimed Fields had acted out of fear.

    Jurors had the option to find the Ohio man guilty of lesser charges: Second-degree murder or involuntary manslaughter; Aggravated malicious wounding could be downgraded to malicious wounding or unlawful wounding.

    The sentencing phase is set to get underway at 9:30 a.m. Monday, December 10. The jury will give Judge Richard Moore a recommended sentencing, but the judge will ultimately decide Fields' sentence.

    Charlottesville Circuit Court scheduled a total of 18 days for the Fields trial, which got underway on November 26.

    [Click for coverage of Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8 and Day 9.]


    Typpycull ZOGland Noose 4 ZOGling Whigger Ass-Clowns
    Across Duh Fruited & Nutted ZOG-Plain


    Cum-cum, Cum-cum !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts