Symbolism Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbolism Question

Perhaps Pastor Martin or Pastor Jeremy can help me out with this one. Actually, anyone who is sure can jump in on this one.

I'm reading a sermon by Bertrand Comparet titled "Mark of the Beast." In the sermon, Comparet explains the dream of Nebuchadnezzar and the vision of Daniel.

Now I follow him just fine, but in the part about Daniel's vision Comparet states:

Daniel saw four great beasts come up from the sea, diverse from one another. The sea, as used in the Bible, is symbolic of Israel people. Out of the great mass of non-Israel people, there are four different, great beasts.
    Italics are mine. Now that seems like he's contradicting himself. Is the sea symbolic of Israel or non-Israelites? I'm finding other typos in the sermon, so I'm thinking this is a typo somehow. Since the beasts symbolize great empires, I'm guessing the sea represents non-Israelites, but I'm not sure.

Which is it?

Edit: never mind... I read further, which is what I should have done before posting here, and gathered that the sea represents the non-Adamic people.
    Last edited by Victor Switzer; 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM.

___666___666___666___

Now Licking The Finck-el-Stein's Virtual Colostomy Bag As a Southron-Fried Fuktard!!!
Working...
X