Log-on/Log-off Software Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log-on/Log-off Software Problem?

Yesterday, I noticed that, after refreshing the index page, I had to log on for the first time since when I first joined this forum. Just wondering why that happened.

Today it happened again. Is it the result of some type of software issue or are my cookies set to where it just automatically logs me off after a year or what? Could the problem be fixed by going to my profile page and changing the settings?

Or is it some new security precaution that effects everybody on here? PokerFace has been that way for a year or so now, as a result of the last cyberattack. Now you have to log in every time you go to the site. It's annoying as hell, but there's no way around it.
    IF YOU STILL LOVE AMERIKA, YOU'RE A NIGGER-LOVER!!! ---CGO. 1/20/'09.

"Lay down your silver and your gold
    I am a man who won't be sold
    And even when my heart grows cold
    I'll curse your evil stranglehold."---Horslips, from "Trouble With A Capital 'T'", 1977.

Log-in/Log-off Problems

Log-in/Log-off Problems

http://whitenationalist.org/forum/sh...=2130#post2130

Originally posted by TrashCanMan72 View Post
    Yesterday, I noticed that, after refreshing the index page, I had to log on for the first time since when I first joined this forum. Just wondering why that happened.

Today it happened again. Is it the result of some type of software issue or are my cookies set to where it just automatically logs me off after a year or what? Could the problem be fixed by going to my profile page and changing the settings?

Or is it some new security precaution that effects everybody on here? PokerFace has been that way for a year or so now, as a result of the last cyberattack. Now you have to log in every time you go to the site. It's annoying as hell, but there's no way around it.
    Depending upon which browser I'm using -- I use Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internut Explorer -- I either check a box using 'remember me' or not. In Firefox, PastorLindstedt is always on. In Google Chrome and IE, I change sockpuppets and thus have to log on and log off.

So there has been no change in software -- I'm using v-bulletin v3.8.2 same as bought last year and not 'upgraded' to the last version of v3.8.5 and certainly not to the shitty 4.0.x -- but rather you probably clicked off from being logged in permanently. Either that or you haven't been here a while and after a period of time the login disappears and you have to check the box again.

That's what I think has happened. I could be wrong. I used to have that problem with 'admin' but I checked off a switch and it cleared up. But in that case 'admin' couldn't log in at all, so I think that is not the case. I think if you check the 'remember me' box or log-on permanently that it will clear up. In any case, the switch is set to let you stay on for a half-hour as opposed to the annoying default of 15 minutes.

Hail Victory!!!

Pastor Martin Luther Dzerzhinsky Lindstedt CJCC/AN

Pastor Lindstedt's Web Page
    Pastor Lindstedt's Archive Page & Christian Nationalist Forum

Comment

Working...
    X